Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Y

"Chain of Fools" (complete)

"Chain of Fools" (Recumbent Re-Do) I think it looks great!
  2. Y

Tribute to our friends

Yeah! What Elmer said! Seriously - awesome to see a father/daughter combo like you too!! All fathers would be glad to have a daughter like anticonformity and all kids - daughters and sons alike - would be glad to have a dad like Fireproof! You're both an inspiration!
  3. Y

bending forks???

Thanks Kota! I did check as I bent but I ended up with different tires than I was checking with. Woops!
  4. Y

bending forks???

I have a problem! The tires I put on my rims rub the forks now that I bent them! Has anyone ever made an extension bracket to the end of the forks to create additional clearance? My tires are 26 x 2.125 I don't really want to move to 24" wheels, and I also don't want to go with a different...
  5. Y

New bikes for My wife and I

It's called hydrographics. You can read about it here: http://www.ozarkshydrographics.com They can add just about any design you can think of. Anything that you can paint, you can dip. They do a lot of camo for hunters, guns, bows and arrows, four wheelers, etc. Lately they've been getting a...
  6. Y

My wifes 67' Jet Fire build.

Beautiful bike! I love that blue!! We have lucky wives!! :wink: I don't think the twelve + coats of clear coat is excessive. Rattle can "coats" are usually very thin so it's not the same as a real coat. 12 rattle can coats = 3-4 coats with a sprayer. Lookin good my friend!!
  7. Y

A pic my bike barely mocked up: BTW - my wife was introduced to her bike tonight. She loves it!! She's excited help me finish it! Didn't get them done in time for her birthday, but this way we can work on them together! She still loved it as a birthday present. Happy Birthday Honey!! :wink:
  8. Y

That paint is rustoleum and as far as I can tell is only sold (this specific color) at home depot. I couldn't find t at Lowes or Walmart. It's only like 3 bucks a can and was fairly easy to work with. I feel good about it. Update: The frames and everything have been delivered from the...
  9. Y

Got my first two wheels finished. (I still have to clear coat them) I am extremely pleased with the color of the wheels! Thanks to fellow member Strings_and_steam for the info on paint. I loved his paint scheme and somewhat stole it from him! They say imitation is the greatest form of flattery...
  10. Y

Custom 2 Speed Motered Cruiser

Awesome build!
  11. Y

Update on the 3 speed hub - apparently I'm a moron and forgot to make sure the bike I bought came with a 3 speed coaster hub. I'm painting my rims so I can't have v brakes. The 3 speed will have to wait. With my wife's birthday just a week away, I'll have to go ahead and finish them with single...
  12. Y

Disc brakes, old forks

I checked both of those out and the only problem is that they are both designed for springer forks that basically have two legs on each side. Those monunt to each leg and by having a standard fork, there's no where else to mount the second hole. Venice motorbikes did have a VERY affordable...
  13. Y

Add coaster break to a 3 speed hub

I'm going to hang onto it for now. I might put a front hub motor in it in the future sometime. The bike is in perfect condition and I kind of hate to take it a part when it's all original right now.
  14. Y

Disc brakes, old forks

Thanks fellas! I'll check these out and let you know what I find.
  15. Y

Disc brakes, old forks

Bump - anyone out there??
  16. Y

Fork Conversion

I have the same question: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39113 Did you ever get and answer? I would think you could clamp the calipers onto the forks somehow, but I've never actually messed with disc brakes before so I really don't know. A little veteran advice would be helpful! :D
  17. Y

Disc brakes, old forks

Anyone ever put front disc on the old school forks like these?
  18. Y

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: That's what I was afraid of! Ok I guess now I'll be on to fab up a front disc brake.
  19. Y

Just picked this up: I am moving the rear wheel to my cruiser build that is going to have painted rims. I don't want to use caliper breaks and rub the paint off. Can you put a coaster break on these Sturmey Archer 3 speed hubs?? Thanks in advance for your help!
  20. Y

Just picked this up: I've been trying to find an affordable 3 speed hub and am having a hard time with it!! Solution? Buy a cheap bike that has one already. Switch the rear wheels out and sell the bike you bought. Now you've acquired the hub you need on the cheap, maybe even free or you may...
Back