Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 54shadow

Board Tracker and a fat tire bike by renowned fabricator, Ian Roussel

On the Motortrend channel, Ian Roussel builds a board tracker from scratch and does a side project of a fat tire bike. Full Custom GarageFeaturing car builder Ian Roussel at work. Look for, “A Tale of Two Cycles.” https://philo.com/l/p49zJ/RZXD9MK3
  2. 54shadow

NOS Saddlebags

Upgrade to the Townie, the cheap saddlebags I got from WISH, bit the dust, but, I got a whole season outta them. Bought two NOS map pouches from a military discount place and turned them into saddlebags, these should last for a while longer.
  3. 54shadow

Schwinn Tank Springer

I set the sale price lower than 350, due to the fact that I am an honest sap to a fault. The springer fork is probably toast, the headlight and the rack are missing, not the original chain ring. Posted it for sale on CL at 7:00 AM and by 10:00 AM, it was sold. Thanks for all the help and info...
  4. 54shadow

Schwinn Tank Springer

Thanks again for the info! Going to get this baby listed for sale!
  5. 54shadow

Schwinn Tank Springer

Thanks for the year of make, I thought something was askew with the paint color, just to modern for an early 50s, this nails it down. I was thinking of pricing it at $150, too high?
  6. 54shadow

Schwinn Tank Springer

Got the Schwinn back to as far as I think it could take without taking away any more. Did 40 hours total of, lacing spokes, pounding out dents, scrubbing off all the rust from the rims and hand rubbing off the rattle-can paint that was on everything. Somewhere in its life, the fork took a hard...
  7. 54shadow

Schwinn Tank Springer

Did a little rubbing and this is what came through on the chain guard.
  8. 54shadow

New Guy From Missouri

This is one great site! I have gotten so much help from the folks here. If you are ever stumped for an idea or how-to, just tap into the vast knowledge bank, here in the forum section. Remember, it is all about enjoying bikes of all kinds and have fun doing it.
  9. 54shadow

Indian

Dang, I think you are correct!
  10. 54shadow

Indian

Absolutely, got to start somewhere.
  11. 54shadow

Indian

A friend of mine down in Texas, sent me this pic of a bike at an antique mall in New Braunfels, Tx. Priced at $395. http://www.redroosterworld.com/
  12. 54shadow

The Seymour Strider

I echo Luke's comment!!!
  13. 54shadow

Punk Steamster

I still be taking in atmosphere, may not be to active here on the site as of late, but, I check in now and then to see what my fellow brethren are up to. Thanks for the comment.
  14. 54shadow

Punk Steamster

This bike build started a couple of years ago. Slapped something together quickly for one of my twin daughters. Laced in a 3-speed hub and used an old, MTB frame. She rode it once and it sat from then on. So, dad got tired of looking at it sitting in the garage. Started re-doing it last fall...
  15. 54shadow

Schwinn Tanked Springer

I bet it will be! When I took the tank off, I notice the lighter, cream colored paint where the blue bombed paint had not touched.
  16. 54shadow

Schwinn Tanked Springer

Would a Scotch Pad be too abrasive for this task?
  17. 54shadow

Schwinn Tank Springer

Picked up a new project bike tonight. On a lark, stopped in the local Goodwill and found this, 1953 Schwinn bike with tank and springer fork. The front sprocket looks to be a replacement, but, looks OK by me. Someone painted it a baby blue. The original color was a more, candy blue. Put some...
  18. 54shadow

Schwinn Tanked Springer

Thanks for the link for the codes, really helped!
  19. 54shadow

Schwinn Tanked Springer

Is there any way I can gently and gradually, remove the "rattlecan" paint job, down to the original patina? Thanks for the comment, by the way.
Back