Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. 9428604129_8ce64a1d0e_k

9428604129_8ce64a1d0e_k

2. 9431378716_35765aa9a4_k

9431378716_35765aa9a4_k

3. Brentley

REDUCED Moving sale! Just $100 for 38 Huffman frame, Spaceliner + more. NorCal pickup only.

Price reduction, the chain guard, stem, and cranks are on hold right now. Take home the Spaceliner with Nexus 3 speed wheels, 38' Huffman frame plus a custom made press fit redwood tank, head badge, "7" seat post, black coaster wheel set (26x1.75, modern), plus any other odds and ends you may...
  4. Brentley

REDUCED Moving sale! Just $100 for 38 Huffman frame, Spaceliner + more. NorCal pickup only.

@Cda_Cruisers PM sent on Monday, don't know if there is something wrong with the system. $65 shipped for the stem, you've got first dibs, but let me know if you aren't interested, a few others have messaged me.
  5. Brentley

Thanks! It was my favorite of all my builds to ride. The 2.4” wide tires were cushy on the rough local roads but it had 48/14 gears, 20 mph was a low rpm affair. I’ll get some pics of that tank up!
  6. Brentley

Hi guys! Long story short, I'm looking to unload my whole collection of parts. If it fits in a priority box I will ship it, but the frames and other large parts are for local pickup only in Napa, CA. There are a few pictures below, but there is more, I'd be willing to unload all of my parts and...
  7. Brentley

"Hella"ion

I'll get to finish the build thread when i have time but between moving and working two jobs it's a wonder i have been able to get this together at all! If the name didn't give it away this is a Nor Cal tribute. Anyways, enjoy the pics! DSCN1097 by sabbparrish, on Flickr DSCN1105 by...
  8. Brentley

Munched up binder tabs, any solutions?

I'm putting together a 38 Huffman frame and the seat post binder tabs are brazed on to the frame. Problem is they are 75 years old and have been adjusted too many times and don't hold the seat post. tightening the bolt only bends the tabs and bolts. I heard rumor of a seat post size that is...
  9. Brentley

Firewing 1953 Columbia 3 Star DeLuxe (2nd) - 3/15 TRADED

Re: FireWing 53 Columbia 3 Star-6/22 Flame Skirts Lovin' the flames there, i can't help but wonder what it would look like to have both sets under the guard? Well executed KF!
  10. Brentley

BlackJacked ~~ Done Jack!

Re: BlackJacked ~~ Back in the Black! How did i miss my doppelganger's build this long? I guess i have been cruising the traditional build forum too long! We are using similar frames too, i'm rocking a 38 Huffman (that's what i bought it as, no good reason not to trust the seller)this is it so...
  11. Brentley

"Hellaion" (Nor Cal Tribute), First Ride! 6/22

Re: Nor Cal Tribute assembly progress 6/21 Thanks for all the comments everyone! I'm gonna have to try the c clamp trick, sounds better than my fender washers on a long bolt.
  12. Brentley

She's got legs! First flight today and boy does she have legs! 48/14 gears with a coaster brake gets pretty scary when you get to the top end of the gears, i'm guessing something north of 20mph. Nothing but the usual fitment issues on the shake down ride, tighten this and that and some minor...
  13. Brentley

Winged Hawthorne // FINISHED with PICS!

Two weeks man! C'mon, i'm dying to see some progress! Just giving you a hard time, but seriously, i would love to see some stuff coming together, you are one of my favorite builders. As JakeSensi would say, GTB!!
  14. Brentley

Re: Nor Cal Tribute update 6/18 Got the bike back from the shop today, i really need to just buy the dang bearing cup presser! Not close to finished yet but i may have a rider tomorrow. In the mean time check out the assembly pic! Untitled by sabbparrish, on Flickr I love how well the black...
  15. Brentley

Re: Nor Cal Tribute update 6/18 Not too much report, it's been the usual several coats of paint and then clear. I still have two art pieces outstanding, the head badge and rear fender are in the works but tomorrow will be assembly day! Just because i think every update should have a picture...
  16. Brentley

'59 Kolumbia Klunker..Test ride...and DONE !!!

Re: '59 Kolumbia Klunker..need help with 7speed When i was setting up my Nexus 3 i was told by the mechanic at my LBS that factory set ups are typically 2 to 1 front to rear. So with your 22t cog in back you'd want a 44t up front. I was running 46/21 and the gearing was good for general use...
  17. Brentley

Re: Nor Cal Tribute, The tuff get tuffer. Quite a bit more work today, i got the chain guard masked. This is just a progress pic. Is this the way it should be done, i have no clue but i think it will work. Untitled by sabbparrish, on Flickr Here's the first layer of "Fireweed" red. I have...
  18. Brentley

Re: Nor Cal Tribute Mock Up 6/10 No paint today, the humidity was up and the temperature was down, that good old June gloom. After driving all over town looking for a wing decal to use for painting i decided to poke around at the local lumber yard after being disappointed by the chain stores...
  19. Brentley

Re: Nor Cal Tribute Badge Design 5/18 Woot! Progress time everyone! Untitled by sabbparrish, on Flickr I know, i know, i go on vacation and in one day back i have a completely laced set of wheels ready to go. Let me show you those progress pics. Untitled by sabbparrish, on Flickr Strange...
  20. Brentley

Re: Nor Cal Tribute Badge Design 5/18 I'll be getting ready for a two week vacation coming up; a week of which will be wilderness camping in Zion NP. So, i have bit of prep to do to say the least. Before i do go i will leave you all with a drawing for my head badge. Special thanks to my...
Back