Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Wickedawesome333

bugout/prepper aka camping bike !

Oh, and i found my mongoose frame at the scrapyard.
  2. Wickedawesome333

bugout/prepper aka camping bike !

I rebuilt an 84 mongoose ATB with 700's and it's great. Bosses front and rear for racks and a lot of versatility
  3. Wickedawesome333

Double Trouble

Thanks Rharris! It rides great too!
  4. Wickedawesome333

Double Trouble

This is Double Trouble. Worksman frame with rat trap springer, hand-built 700's with SA front and kickback rear hubs, BB conversion, custom leather grips and bumper.
  5. Wickedawesome333

Key West by Bike Brokers cruiser bike

I found a Keywest in a ditch in SC a while back and turned it into a fun boardtrack inspired build. If i could figure out how to post pics on the new site, i would share. Good catch!
  6. Wickedawesome333

Gotta Girvin!

I got the same fork on a Jaguarundi a while back, put a rigid fork on the bike, kept the Girvin and flipped it for more than i bought it for. That is the Vector 2 with oil dampening system. There is some good info online about tuning them. Mines going on an all aluminum build currently under...
  7. Wickedawesome333

Bakfiet under construction

It is with much regret that i must bow out of this build-off. Due to circumstances beyond my control, my workload in the last 2 weeks has exploded and looks to remain at this level until the fall, stripping me of my weekends. I appreciate all of the feedback and promise to finish this as soon as...
  8. Wickedawesome333

Yeah the donor for the rear end wasn't particularly light either. the decision to go with the 7 speed was made early in the brainstorming process.
  9. Wickedawesome333

A little more done last weekend, but i have been so busy at work it took me all week to post these. The carriage is taking shape, and i got to test out the ride with 2 people when my Dad stopped by on Father's Day. A steering dampener will be a must. I hope to make some more progress this...
  10. Wickedawesome333

Madwagon cruiser

Here is mine, rebuilt as a commuter. Relaced the wheels and added 26 x 1.75's.
  11. Wickedawesome333

More progress with the carriage portion this weekend. I fit it with some temporary bars and took it for a test ride. 2 things were clear, handle bars will need to be welded in place and a steering dampener is going to be needed. I also started the conversion of the 7 speed internal to the spline...
  12. Wickedawesome333

Thanks Bill. I am already seeing that and am considering adding a spring to each side for auto-correction. I am very happy about the 7 speed shaft too!
  13. Wickedawesome333

BMX score

Thanks for all of the interest. I have read the PM's and will keep those interested in parts/bikes posted.
  14. Wickedawesome333

BMX score

BMX bikes aren't my thing, but when a friend called to say his buddy had these 3 survivors, i couldn't pass it up. A 1980 MooseGoose, a 1988 SuperGoose, and a 1990 Redline Proline from the original owner along with a box of parts. My BMX friends are already lining up to check them out.
  15. Wickedawesome333

Made a little more progress this weekend. The hub sprocket showed up for the 7 speed, but i haven't gotten to install it yet. Frame is coming along nicely. The frame is together with the steering portion of the carriage and some gussets at the steer tube to complete. The piece i am using for the...
  16. Wickedawesome333

Thanks for the feedback folks. Kingfish is right on the axle/pivot position on other cargo trikes i have seen, but no one learns anything doing it the same as everyone else. I might be wrong, it might handle very poorly, but i won't know for certain until i get a little further along. Stay tuned!
  17. Wickedawesome333

A conversation with a shaft drive mechanic out of NY and an $8 hub gear later and i am back in the game with the 7 speed rear. I made a little progress this weekend, but not as much as i'd like.
  18. Wickedawesome333

Hit my first snag. The 7 speed nexus i planned to use will not accept the spline for the shaft drive.... I may have to switch rear ends to a chain drive as the 7 speed is going to be a crucial component.
  19. Wickedawesome333

Thanks Kingfish. I still have some cutting to do, the fork tubes are too long to clear, but they are just a mock up. I appreciate the tips and your attention.
  20. Wickedawesome333

Thanks Luke, I'm not sure what happened there...
Back