Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

Y

I did not move the Bottom Bracket it is just now on the top of the bike and I added a second one :) and as for the seat, if you look in the pictures I am going to be using the head from a shovel, I just need to find the best way to mount it with seat springs under it. Doug
  2. R

Y

and the build continues :) Here is pics from today :) Shock is gone for low tech chain. thew on the Stiletto tank to see what it looks line as well as put on the original sprockets and pedals. next I have to put a bolt in the seat post to keep the pedal straight, and then...
  3. R

need to ask you guys a Question

no harm no foul :) good luck with your build :) Doug
  4. R

need to ask you guys a Question

Newspaper bike Even tho this is what you posted about my bike, and the the head tube on your bike looks like it has been changed, I say go for it. Doug
  5. R

Hugo's "Dead Parrot"

I thought the sidecar and the military bike would give you some ideas for a sidecar for the taxi...... Doug
  6. R

Deville

here is more inspiration here is a pic I found on chopperbicycle.net for you Doug
  7. R

The Ultimate Rat Rod :)

Doug
  8. R

Hugo's "Dead Parrot"

for your passengers I thought you may like this picture :) Doug
  9. R

White Lightning

Anybody live near the "Duke" that could help him with the swing setup or graft up a drawing...... Doug
  10. R

2fer (updated pics 10-27-07)

here's and idea :) turn it into a drag bike. drop handlebars, sit on the front seat pedal with the back pedals fabricate a drag wing from the back seat over the back tire. fabricate a gas tang for the front part of the frame between the handlebars and the seat :) I hope this gives you...
  11. R

Jackz

I thought the bend back was the way they were designed, I thought they looked neat like that. Doug
  12. R

Contest by Specialized Bike

this looks like a very cool contest. http://www.innovate-or-die.com/ Have Fun with this Doug
  13. R

rollin on 3

OMG!!! That is a sweet ride, I would love to find something like that here, I would do it up and give it to my mother to ride around in the village...... If you could find an old tractor seat to mount above the basket and have some type of suspension on the seat that would be kewl, and also...
  14. R

White Lightning

a neat idea to think about Would it be possible to hook cables from the front fork or handlebars to the rear triangle and have it turn also at the same time, if you crossed the cable so when you turn right the rear triangle would swing to the left so you could move sideways. the only problem...
  15. R

K.R.E.M.E now called THE JOKER

you could use a couple of balloons, attach them to the frame, cover with spandex, and paint with resin and then pop the balloons, and then cover the spandex with the carbon fribre.... Doug
  16. R

Jackz

you could cut out the bad section and graft in a replacement and then you could use the original forks....... use a pipe cutter, like the ones for cutting copper pipes, they work great. Doug
  17. R

Y

a Question about the shock I was wondering if it would be legal to add a rocker for the shock as long as it is mounted in the original locations for the shock or replace the shock with a strut rod, as to the fact that the shock is in a pull mode and not in compression mode. I want to build...
  18. R

Y

I am just glad that I am around all the creative gear heads, that reside on this board:) I have been a programmer for 26 years so thinking outside of the box is a life long passion of mine. Doug
  19. R

Marks bike

sweet very nice lines, that is a sweet ride you have. Doug
  20. R

Y

Seat located :) here is a couple of pics with the new seat mocked up in it general location, pending fit of the pedals. I will be switching the bike to a bmx freewheel instead to the standard freewheel. I also score 9 brand new 26x3" flamed tires from my LBS for 7.00 each. Doug
Back