Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Green Dragon

BFGoodrich Challenger (Chrome Spaceliner)

Posting this for a local friend who's not online. Have the bike in my possesion if any questions or detail pics needed. Spaceliner type BFG badged Challenger. 26" middleweight. Horn tank,light,rear rack light, reflector all intact. Has ' Schwinn Approved' pedals ( I may swap these out ...
  2. Green Dragon

(MBBO#05 Class 1) Road King Restore-Kinda (RK squared )

Have had this one for a while - got frame from Jaxon ( thanks ! :) a while back. Been on hold, but since I have a thing for 'import' Musclebikes, had to keep for later. Best I can find out it's a ' Road King' brand. Will be a simple rider-type rebuild,with some period parts and some newer...
  3. Green Dragon

so this guy wants to sell me a banana seat bike........

Could post in fresh finds, but need input from the pros, so here goes, the semi condensed version. Guy a few weeks or a month back talks to me at the flea market and says he has a banana seat bike or two... talk more... says he has a chopper bike with shifter. Ok, got me interested...
  4. Green Dragon

Yard Sale Hutch BMX

Stopped at a house and bought a couple bikes ( girls Huffy and a Free Agent BMX ), Lady says she had another bike she did not put out because the wheel is bent. Asked to see it, and she rolls this out. Original Ukai Z2 rims are very slightly tweaked, could be trued, on '42 81' ACS hubs. Hutch...
  5. Green Dragon

82 Hutch find

Maybe this should be in fresh finds, but figured the BMX guys would appreciate it more. Stopped at a house and bought a couple bikes ( girls Huffy and a Free Agent BMX ), Lady says she had another bike she did not put out because the wheel is bent. Asked to see it, and she rolls this out...
  6. Green Dragon

68 Sears Screamer coaster brake :)

Not been active in the hobby much lately, job issues, life issues, health, death of close bike bud Steve Rent (Trailhopper on here ). on and on. Did, however, make it out yesterday to the semiannual Carlisle auto swap meet with my Dad and a friend, all with minimal cashflow, lol.. just to...
  7. Green Dragon

anyone near New Munster, Wisconsin who could pick and ship a bike ?

Not much more to add - We found a bike near New Munster, Wis, seller would not ship. Curious if any RRB members close and would be willing to help us out.
  8. Green Dragon

Raleigh Chopper find

so..... I get a call yesterday from a guy has a Chopper for sale. Thinks it's a 3 speed but it has a small little lever, so maybe a 3+2 ? Won't give me a price ( grr ). Finally decide to go for it, drove 50 miles round trip, in a blizzard and -1 wind chills.. This is what I found: Didn't...
  9. Green Dragon

Spring Carlisle swap finds - Harley and more

Had a great time at the Spring Carlisle swap meet with my dad on thursday. Lot of good stuff, not quite as busy as years past ... almost bought a car, but decided to let it go. DID bring home a vanload of cool bikes - more than I've ever bought there before. Here's the 'group shot' as...
  10. Green Dragon

western flyer

got this from a freind who was letting go of a few bikes. Western Flyer badged, non skiptooth, 26 x 2.125 rubber. Still debating on the direction to go with this one, but any onfo appreciated. enjoy .
  11. Green Dragon

Schwinn ladies ballooner

picked a load of bikes this week,actually two truckloads full. 29 total, mostly lightweights. had the seller and my dad load and unload em, since I'm still recovering from apendix surgery ( but you can't keep a good bike hunter down, lol ) One included, was this Schwinn - my first balloon...
  12. Green Dragon

Mothers Day flea market NOS find

Well, not a complete bike, but a nice find nonetheless. found this pile of NOS fenders. not sure who made these, Wald maybe ? vintage razor edge fenders. black or white painted, still wrapped up. and one loose chrome 26" front. No braces, but nice straight fenders are much harder to...
  13. Green Dragon

Auction find bikes

Went to a multi estate auction this morning , with my mom :) . we both bought more than would fit in my van, oops. second trip to get it all. They'd advertised some bikes. so was not sure how they'd go . turns out pricing was pretty realistic. Got this 1978 Trailmate folding bike, as sown -...
  14. Green Dragon

Lone Riser

Picked up this Kent " Lone Riser " bike yesterday. first pic as found. tinkered with it some today and came up with this . No idea what year or anything, did a exhaustive online search and no results. anyone ever seen one ? Guessing 1990's. Did ride it a little, rides ok , odd...
  15. Green Dragon

dumped a Murray MX carcass

One of my other casual hobies,(blasphemy, I know ),besides bikes is dump digging for old bottles and cans. ) anyone else collect beer cans as a kid ?) Got stir crazy so went out yesterday afternoon before the storm hit. got out about an hour, ground is still pretty frozen to dig in...
  16. Green Dragon

Columbia

Got a call yesterday, guy had this one and a few parts - so went out in 1 degree weather.. this is what I found. no plans for it yet, have to get warmed up and maybe run the #s to see what year she is. Guy I got this from hopefully drops by and joins the forum , rat rod chopper and...
  17. Green Dragon

rough and rusty

went and picked this pile up today, paid too much for the condition of the bikes, but what can you do. also got a 80's Next ' BMX Racing' bike. not shown. 70's AMF convertable is neat, I never owned one in 20", sold a 16" last spring. couple 3 speeds, a ' Fisher ' men's , nto sure the...
  18. Green Dragon

any day you find a Schwinn is a good day.

and if it has a vintage Mongoose stem it's extra nice :) scored this at a yard sale while on a grocery run for tonights Memorial Day pincnic / BBQ 67 ( EC code ) Schwinn, I believe Typhoon, missing kickstand, newer Bendix 70 wheelset ( couple broken spokes ) , Goose stem, generic seat...
  19. Green Dragon

picked some from a mother load

Drove 150 miles in the rain last night to pick through a barn find of bikes. got some 20"ers,a Huffy BMX, and the following finds, all somewhat rusted, most should clean up. Goodyear Highway Patrol badged Columbia 3 speed. unknown brand JC Penny badged ladies 10 speed,got it for...
  20. Green Dragon

Jamis Earth Cruiser

Found this one today - price was right I think . Paint has quite a bit of wear, the rims have cleaned up ok, few spots where they have pits. forks nice, the tires are mismatched, unsure what was original. Both hold air, and I pumped up and was riding, nice riding bike. Not sure what to...
Back