Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Tychevelle

Selling out; shipping now available!

is the whizzer for sale?
  2. Tychevelle

Elgin Causes Methane !

Aw man your evans action bike. I always liked that bike wish i knew you were selling it. Remember i bought the electra frame off you that you used the wheels for your Olympic. Very cool elgin! What else you selling? Shoot me a pm
  3. Tychevelle

Tire and finishing opinions.

I agree that a colored tire would look off since you got all the other colors. But what about a whitewall i think a nice whitewall will give it a nice pop between the rim color and black tire. bontrager solana are one of my favorites they used to make a 26x2.35 you might find a trek shop with...
  4. Tychevelle

Old Clyde Dunaway Schwinn Shop (SCORES)

You sellin any of the finds, catalogs and books?
  5. Tychevelle

Anyone from LA or longbeach CA? looking for bikeshops to checkout!

Hey folks, Going to be in Longbeach and LA in California for a few days. Anyone got any recommendations for bike shops or places to check out? Lookin for Any good custom, chopper,new school cruiser shops? Electras/felts kinda shops? Oldschool prewar type stuff? thanks in advance! Ty
  6. Tychevelle

Flying Ace and springer fork

I love those forks. I see your in cloverdale im in maple ridge
  7. Tychevelle

We need your help.

Lol I said the same thing when I read it. Signed it also
  8. Tychevelle

1952(?) Cadillac badged Schwinn Deluxe Autocycle

The sprocket crank etc is most likely original to your bike. All my phantoms etc the big 52 tooth sprocket is super close to the chain stay. If the crank arm is scraping the chain stay its likely bent a little. The non skip tooth 1/2" pitch chains were used on 40's bikes also for schwinns they...
  9. Tychevelle

Offset coaster brake cogs...

If I remember right felt sells them also. 2 of my felts have offset 22 tooths on them.
  10. Tychevelle

What size chainwheel & rear cog?

I agree with gary I love the look of the phantom 52 tooth sprockets on my schwinns. But as for my electras and some of my old balloon tire bikes I like the 44/22 set up as there is hills around here and I ain't tryig to set no land speed records. Just cruuuiiise
  11. Tychevelle

My First Panther

Oh close Gary. Feb of 66
  12. Tychevelle

LETS SEE HAWTHORNE BICYCLES !!!!!!!!

Heres my newest hawthorne I recently just bought this actual bike and a couple phantoms off a local guy here on canada how it got from no talent clown to here is beyond me! I stumbled across this pic while looking for info on its year. Pretty crazy but i can tell its the same its got the exact...
  13. Tychevelle

US Cycle Rims vs. Behind Bar Inc. Rims (Also Shimano Hub?)

Looks like more or less radial laced wheel. I wouldn't run radial lacing on a rear wheel especially with a coaster brake.
  14. Tychevelle

67 Fastback score!

Sweeet you keeping the chainguard? Pm me
  15. Tychevelle

Got little R&R on the Weekend

Sweet finds bud! I like em both!! Keepin em?
  16. Tychevelle

How to identify year of a stingray wheel??

All Stingrays used s2 rear rims and s7 front all the way up till the end in the late 70s early 80s. The only ones that used s7 front and rear were the girls bikes and boys junior stingrays. Fastbacks used s5-s6 rims front and rear. Almost all schwinn hubs have dates stamped on the hubs to tell...
  17. Tychevelle

Boxkars "Select-A-Hub" Shifter

Looks awesome Nick!
  18. Tychevelle

my new 49 B.F. Goodrich hornet

Very cool story and very sweet bike!
  19. Tychevelle

any one put 3" tire on a 4" wide rims? pics?

Hmmm that sucks thats what I was going to run on the rims. Im just not a fan of the huge tall 4" tire. I read somewhere that the boa 3.4 tire is actually narrower then the kenda 3" I think the 3g tires are exaggerated with there sizing
  20. Tychevelle

any one put 3" tire on a 4" wide rims? pics?

Yeah I can picture what its going to look like in my head but its always nice to see it in real life know what I mean? I know itll look kind of like a streetbike motorcycle tire I think it will look cool on the back with a 2" rim upfront. Heres a shot of the bike the seat has been dyed black...
Back