Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Carbon

I need an ID, and an approximate date, please.

That is awesome 😎 👍🏼
  2. Carbon

Rollfast year model from serial?

Project bike I’ve been building, curious if this is a 49 model? 26” boys bike with tank. Serial reads B260849 on the rear drop out. Thanks.
  3. Carbon

Mid 50’s Schwinn Strait bar frame 26”

Looking for A 1958 Schwinn tornado frame or mid 50s straight bar Schwinn frame that looks like the 58. No plans to restore but I will be putting it together as a rider so nothing crazy priced please, thanks.👍
  4. Carbon

Withdrawn 1958 Schwinn Tornado

Any chance you still have this? I would love to buy that frame and chain guard off of you if you would be willing. Be a lot easier for you to ship. Thanks
  5. Carbon

55 Rollfast

From what I was told, the lady I bought it from said it was her granddad’s that bought it new and it appeared to be all original, what was left. Missing the tank and chain guard.
  6. Carbon

55 Rollfast

Picked this bike up last month in pretty rough condition but was able to tear it all down and put it together with a nice new pair of double wall coaster wheels with Kenda tires, new stem and bars. Swapped over to a snowflake sprocket and also was able to paint over the cool original white frame...
  7. Carbon

Have a look at this!😳

You should see some of the bikes in these pics, just found this on marketplace 😳😳 Sure wish one of you guys would buy this up and then part it out I want some of these frames.
  8. Carbon

Do any of you guys remember ...

Back a few years ago on here somebody posted up pictures of kids doing massive jumps off dirt hills from what look like probably the 50s on these balloon tire bicycles? I would love to see those again because I can’t find them online anywhere and they are awesome 🤙
  9. Carbon

Seat Post Size Question ...

That's a great idea BillCigar, I just ordered me up a 16" piece of solid 6061 aluminum rod. Thanks for the tip and for all the other recommendations fellas 👍
  10. Carbon

I put a new set of really nice double wall coaster wheels with kenda tires, new stem and bars and changed over to a snow flake sprocket. Repacked all the bearings, this thing rides better then new.
  11. Carbon

Oh yeah did some nosing around over at the cabe and figured out the serial for the year, its a 55 model. :thumbsup:
  12. Carbon

No, it pinches the frame cut notch together to much and I would have to modify the seat post clamp that slides on the frame seat tube.
  13. Carbon

It literally measures dead center between 13/16 and 7/8, weird, never had this problem before.
  14. Carbon

I'm measuring the actual seatpost with a slide caliper, getting 21.6mm, 13/16 fits wabbly loose in the seat frame tube. I've tried several different sizes with no luck. It's about 1mm shy of being 7/8" which would be to large for the hole.
  15. Carbon

Picked up a sweet late 40's Rollfast twin bar boys bike with a springer fork this past weekend. I can't figure out what this seat post size is, it is just a smidge bigger the 13/16 and measures around 21.5 or so in millimeters, 7/8 is a touch to big. Any ideas what this size might be? Thanks.
  16. Carbon

You Guys Seen the New Mongoose Grudge 26" BMX Cruiser?

Thanks for posting the pics. Really surprised and glad to see more mainstream affordable 26" cruisers coming out.
  17. Carbon

You Guys Seen the New Mongoose Grudge 26" BMX Cruiser?

Just stumbled across this earlier, there are two models, one has mags. Academy Sports is also carrying one called the Ozone 500 Lift Off 26" BMX cruiser. I would post pics but just got a new Samsung notebook and haven't figured out how to save pics yet.
  18. Carbon

Huffman Western Flyer Klunker Cruiser Build

Picked up this mid 50's Huffman Built Western Flyer a few weeks back at a local thrift store. Bike was in great shape, wire wheeled it down to clean bare metal and satin black she went, Weinneman double wall coaster wheels, CST 2.4 tire on front with a chrome 26" Bmx fork and 2.1 on rear...
  19. Carbon

Possibe Huffman Built Western Flyer ...

Here is the headbadge.
  20. Carbon

Possibe Huffman Built Western Flyer ...

Ahh ok, I was thinking with those prewar looking drops it was older. I'll post up a pic of the headbadge here shortly, thanks fellas.
Back