Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. O

SOLD 50's BSA Parcel Carrier (British Cycle Truck) $300 for a limited timeLocal pickup only Mount Airy, NC 27030

This appears to be a 50's BSA. Jeweled pedals, functioning rod brakes, wrong size tires someone threw onto the rims for some odd reason. Beefy, beefy, I mean BEEFY, front stand and basket holder. Brooks saddle, sad repaint. I will include a giant vintage wicker basket that fits perfectly into...
  2. O

SOLD Teens-Early 20's Mead Sovereign $350 Local pickup only in Mount Airy, NC 27030

This frame is supposedly manufactured some time between 1917 and 1922. Hard to say for sure. But I added a pair of true 28" steel clinchers from a mangled 22 Crusader. Luckily , 27x1-1/4 tires fit. The original 28" tires for these would have the same ID, but slightly larger OD. The grips were...
  3. O

SOLD 1939 Westfield Peerless (Columbia) $250 local pickup only Mount Airy, NC 27030

1939 Westfield Peerless badged. Badge says Peerless, everything else says Columbia. Is a "Special Deluxe", as screened on the downtube. Tank is not original, but is a close match done with several shades of paint, distressed and with real rust coming through. So far, nobody has noticed that it...
  4. O

SOLD 1936 Mead Pathfinder motobike $850 Local pickup only, Mount Airy NC 27030

This is a 36 Mead Pathfinder with Carlisle whitewalls. Pretty nice rider, probably currently my favorite to get around on.. Seat is worn. Probably could use cleaning overall. I think the paint would come back red with some cleaner polish. Tank is nice and clean, all the graphics are fair. Has...
  5. O

Unknown brand drum brake front hub $50 shipped

Unknown brand drum brake front hub. Works, and removed from a huffy trike. 36-hole. I never got the trike up fast, so I'm not sure how effective the hub would be at high speeds. Also, no idea what the inside of this one looks like. Pretty sure the fine print on the actuator says Made in Japan...
  6. O

40's?? Huffman ladies' tank lowered to $35 shipped

This tank was on a 26" Huffman that looked prewar, with the exception of the rack. My guess would be early postwar. Funny thing is that you can see the blue/white original paint underneath, which matches the frame. So they painted the tank and rack but left the frame original? Or maybe sourced...
  7. O

Prewar Roadmaster Delivery

Unfortunately, I have already stripped this thing down and removed the paint. I wish I had a decent before pic. I might be able to come up with one sometime throughout the build though. It was covered in lots of green house paint. Underneath that, the original paint was pretty much gone. I did...
  8. O

Prewar/early postwar 20" fender

I need a 20" front fender for a project. Could possibly cut down a rear if that is all you have. It needs to be the heavier gauge like used in the 30's-40's. With or without braces is fine. It will get painted, so paint doesn't matter. Rust is fine, but needs to be fairly straight. Can buy or...
  9. O

Apollos and Stallion

I posted the Speedway Special already that I got as part of a package deal for these bikes. Figured I'd go ahead and post these up, too. 3 Apollos, 2 are 5-spd, 1 single-speed, and a Mattel Stallion in pretty good shape. I'm not a huge muscle-bike guy, but I liked these for some reason.
  10. O

Speedway Special

I picked this up dirt cheap as part of a deal for 3 Ross Apollos and a nice Mattel Stallion. It was spray bombed black, and in the worst way. Basically, everything was painted including the chainring, cranks, clad rims... everything. I thought it might be ok for parts. I decided to clean off...
  11. O

Ratty Higgins Colorflow project $25 PENDING LOCAL PICKUP

This is definitely not a candidate for full resto. It is a poor repaint over some minor pitting. And it is really just the frame and fork. But if you make the journey to buy it, I have loads of other stuff for sale that you could use to finish it out as a rat, or stuff you might want in general...
  12. O

*SOLD* Rollfast Deluxe toolbox tank

Paint is good, inside is clean, decals look nice. Has the two small dents on the front sides from trusses. Has some paint rubbed off where the frame was and where battery can straps were touching, and some spots of rust. I have not tried cleaning or derusting in any way, so hopefully it can look...
  13. O

Elgin Oriole info and value

Well, I could really use some help with info and value on this bike. I know they were sold with different combinations of parts. So determining exactly what I have and a solid value would really help me out. I repaired the wheel using another triple step wheel that I cannibalized for spokes...
  14. O

1960 24" Schwinn Tornado $50 LOCAL PICKUP ONLY

I know, I know... It's a 24" The good: Tank is there, rack is there, truss rods and truss clamp are there, paint and striping in good shape, wheels are in good shape, Schwinn script is all there The bad: Fork was tweaked, I ruined it trying to fix it (will need a replacement or customize)...
  15. O

30's Elgin

This thing looks terrible at the moment. But the only real roadblock is the rear wheel. I'm going to start cleaning tonight and see how it goes over the next few days. It really has a lot going for it, and I got it locally and cheap. Seat is decent, bars are too. And of course the stem and...
  16. O

Local show yesterday (Schwinn Prelude)

I picked up this 1987 Schwinn Prelude. I'm not much of a roadbike guy, but this ice pink with 80's graphic was screaming to me. It's in great shape and works like it did when new. It has a few tiny rust spots. It got rained on coming home. After I got home and got it unloaded, I wiped the water...
  17. O

"The Quest" railway bike... am I missing something?

So, I was watching "The Quest" (1986), with Henry Thomas, which I haven't watched in years. In the beginning, he has outfitted a Schwinn Cruiser 5 to ride on railroad rails. The other children seem pretty ecstatic about his endeavor to reach higher speeds. Was this an actual phenomenon which I...
  18. O

Shelby Eagle info?

I've got this 26" postwar (I think) Shelby Eagle. At least that's what the badge says. It's been painted and repainted 3 shades of red. I don't care much for the bike as it sits, but the rack and guard are cool. I'm think of ratting it out but curious about year and if the parts have any value...
  19. O

More junk!?

So I was riding by an antique shop near my house and noticed these sitting out front. The owner of the shop usually has very high prices, but I stopped to check anyway. Picked up these postwars for not much money. Men's is a roadmaster. Very solid bike. But repainted, etc. I might try getting...
  20. O

Fuel tank repair/resto

This could also be bike related if there are any owners of Whizzers or similar here. I'm looking for a place I can take or send a fuel tank to to get dents removed, leaks repaired , etc. I've searched online, but have not come up with much. There used to be a shop in my town that did this sort...
Back