Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. O

SOLD 50's BSA Parcel Carrier (British Cycle Truck) $300 for a limited timeLocal pickup only Mount Airy, NC 27030

This appears to be a 50's BSA. Jeweled pedals, functioning rod brakes, wrong size tires someone threw onto the rims for some odd reason. Beefy, beefy, I mean BEEFY, front stand and basket holder. Brooks saddle, sad repaint. I will include a giant vintage wicker basket that fits perfectly into...
  2. O

SOLD Teens-Early 20's Mead Sovereign $350 Local pickup only in Mount Airy, NC 27030

This frame is supposedly manufactured some time between 1917 and 1922. Hard to say for sure. But I added a pair of true 28" steel clinchers from a mangled 22 Crusader. Luckily , 27x1-1/4 tires fit. The original 28" tires for these would have the same ID, but slightly larger OD. The grips were...
  3. O

SOLD 1939 Westfield Peerless (Columbia) $250 local pickup only Mount Airy, NC 27030

1939 Westfield Peerless badged. Badge says Peerless, everything else says Columbia. Is a "Special Deluxe", as screened on the downtube. Tank is not original, but is a close match done with several shades of paint, distressed and with real rust coming through. So far, nobody has noticed that it...
  4. O

SOLD 1936 Mead Pathfinder motobike $850 Local pickup only, Mount Airy NC 27030

This is a 36 Mead Pathfinder with Carlisle whitewalls. Pretty nice rider, probably currently my favorite to get around on.. Seat is worn. Probably could use cleaning overall. I think the paint would come back red with some cleaner polish. Tank is nice and clean, all the graphics are fair. Has...
  5. O

SOLD 12 Metal Fender Ornaments!!!

Awesome! Wish I had seen these. I love that sqirrel.
  6. O

SOLD NOS Wald Parade Bars $100

Are the reflectors glass or plastic?
  7. O

Prewar Roadmaster Delivery

They have laquer primer but not acrylic primer. Supposely not compatible with krylon
  8. O

Well, I've been busy at work, as well as being cold and lazy at home. Hopefully I can get inspired to get back on this. I'm having a major setback. I started this out with Krylon red primer. It is much more red than the rustoleum "red" primer, which is really just brown. However, nobody seems to...
  9. O

40's?? Huffman ladies' tank lowered to $35 shipped

Dropping this to $35 shipped. Hopefully somebody can get some use out of it. I kind of want to start cutting and welding and make it look good on a mens bike
  10. O

Unknown brand drum brake front hub $50 shipped

Dropped to $50 shipped
  11. O

Unknown brand drum brake front hub $50 shipped

Unknown brand drum brake front hub. Works, and removed from a huffy trike. 36-hole. I never got the trike up fast, so I'm not sure how effective the hub would be at high speeds. Also, no idea what the inside of this one looks like. Pretty sure the fine print on the actuator says Made in Japan...
  12. O

The importance of decimal points

Looks like the perfect storm occurred here. I bet the final bidder was freaking out. But the guy right before him... I bet he feels some serious relief.
  13. O

40's?? Huffman ladies' tank lowered to $35 shipped

Back up. $40 shipped sound better for anyone?
  14. O

'Skin Deep' Ironing out a stretch. DONE!

Great idea. I built a stretch from a 60's rollfast. I used a cruddy knock-off welder with very limited heat control. I still own and ride that bike, so you should be able to carry out your plans without too much trouble, even if the tubing is a bit thinner. Your best bet is to insert short bits...
  15. O

That is kind of where I'm at. I have to make some brackets to attach it to the frame. I'm still torn. I found a really cool rear rack for this thing. I'll post a pic soon. I think it will add a little cargo-carrying flair to the project.
  16. O

Yep, 69 camper.
  17. O

Thanks. If I find original parts later on, I could switch them out. But I'd like to just make this look somewhat original, and have it be useful. The baskets and brackets and parts like that are just too expensive if you find correct ones. Barring a miracle find somewhere, I'd say that if I had...
  18. O

Thanks for the link. I was expecting the headtube to be a the color of the fender accents. But it appears that the frame is one color with no accents. I definitely found dark green around the headtube, so I'm curious about that. It looks like the fender accents are pretty much what I expected...
  19. O

Not a lot of progress. In the past few days I have painted the fork light green, and fixed the basket support to tilt upward some. I have been looking at pictures of Roadmaster fender accents, trying to figure out how to paint mine. I am still unsure if I want to pull the wheels apart to...
  20. O

I like 3, but it looks small when on the bike. I might do some mock-up pics.
Back