Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

Today's Flea Market Score

I bought this bike today at the Hartville Flea Market (south of Akron, OH). The serial number is located on the left dropout. 5H051536. Huffy? The rear rack appears to be from the factory. The fork is solid, not tubular. It's a great riding bike. I was tooling around Kent all afternoon. Was it...
  2. R

Firestone

Tore it down. Shined it up. Tweaked. I took the inauguration ride this afternoon. Sweeeeeet. Serial number 1H830131. appears to be 1961. firestone2
  3. R

My first classic bike score.

I bought this 1971 Fair Lady for my daughter for Christmas. It's the same bike that her mom had when she was my daughter's age. I got it at the same thrift store that I got the Firestone... and the same price. 50 bucks. This photo is after I cleaned it up. fairlady00.jpeg by rlightbody, on...
  4. R

I picked up this Firestone this morning.

I scored this Firestone this morning at a local thrift store. I've been eyeballing it for a week, waiting for it to go 1/2 off. They wanted 100 bucks for it and I couldn't swing that. . . Well, it's senior citizen's day today! I had to get an old guy to walk it through the checkout for me. :D...
  5. R

Greetings from Detroit-ish, MI!

Hi Everybody! This site is VERY inspirational. I'm 48 years old, a child of the 70s. My brother and I, and all my neighborhood friends all had Stingrays or Crate bikes of various flavors. . . and we tore 'em up. Kinda makes me wince thinking back on it. Anyway, I've scored a couple of good...
Back