Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Big_Daddy_Sloth

I drag Esther

I'm trying to keep it clean, but that bike is (deleted) awesome! Good job!
  2. Big_Daddy_Sloth

2012 Surly Moonlander

Wow! I leave for a few months because of school and life, and this place changed not only in looks (love it), but it seems to have gained some weight as well ( ;) ). For the record, I love my Moonie and have been riding it all year. I expiriminted the first winter I owned it and had a blast...
  3. Big_Daddy_Sloth

Surly Pug Ops

Awesome! I love my Surly Moonlander.
  4. Big_Daddy_Sloth

My blacked out Fat Rat

I need to see a picture of you ON the bike. Because that just looks...ridiculous*. And this is coming from the guy with 25" riser bars on my Nirve. * In a good way.
  5. Big_Daddy_Sloth

44 Bikes

I follow this guy on Bookface. Awesome stuff!
  6. Big_Daddy_Sloth

Another specialized stumpjumper

Those are nice. I am a huge Specialized fan myself. I have a '97 Rockhopper that I still regularly ride. When I finally get pics of it, I'll let you know.
  7. Big_Daddy_Sloth

My Stable (Multiple Bikes and Many Pics!)

2012 Surly Moonlander This might beat out my Nirve for favorite bike, although they are more seasonal favorites. This is a great bike to ride in the winter, as much as the Nirve is a great summer bike. I picked this up brand new through QBP at my last job. It is pretty much stock, except that I...
  8. Big_Daddy_Sloth

2011 Felt Fat Tire 20th Anniversary This is probably the third favorite bike I own, even though I don't take it out as much. It rides so buttery smooth, it makes me want to get some more Felts. I fell into this one at the the same place where I got the Tornado, Corvette, and Specialized from...
  9. Big_Daddy_Sloth

2008 Specialized FSR XC Picked this up from a customer at my last job, the same place I got the Tornado and Corvette from. I'm a sucker for Specialized. I wish it was a Demo or Enduro, but whatever. It's fast and light. It is easily worth twice what I paid for it. Bonus: His wife was making...
  10. Big_Daddy_Sloth

2006 Nirve Switchblade My favorite cruiser! I bought this as soon as I saw it. Love at first sight was validated even more so when I took it for a test ride. I kept it stock for a long time, only adding 'cockpit accessories', but then I added the ape hangers and leopard grips, using them for...
  11. Big_Daddy_Sloth

2005 Iron Horse MK III Comp No pics at this time.
  12. Big_Daddy_Sloth

1997 Specialized Rockhopper FS A1 No pics at this time.
  13. Big_Daddy_Sloth

1977 Schwinn Speedster Just a little beater that I picked up, possibly for a friend that doesn't drive. I ended up trying to put the Sturmey Archer shifter on another bike to fix, but that didn't work and now it resides in parts, on the garage floor still. :( I'll take care of you little buddy!
  14. Big_Daddy_Sloth

1968 Columbia Roadster My brother saved this from a side job he was working. I got two other bikes in this deal also, they will be up for sale, as soon as I get pics. This bike needs the most work out of any bike I have collected so far. It even beat the Tornado in the 'most repairs needed'...
  15. Big_Daddy_Sloth

1962 Schwinn Corvette I got this from a co-worker at the same job that netted me the Tornado. His FIL has a junk pile that he burns things for his rural friends and family and this was thrown on there! I couldn't believe it. I made him an offer, he accepted. Downside: The non drive-side seat...
  16. Big_Daddy_Sloth

1960 Schwinn Tornado I saved this little lady from my old job. They had a 'country store' type area near the front of the old version of the store and had this hanging up as a display. So I nagged the owner until he sold it to me. It is currently not ride-able. My goal is to eventually get a...
  17. Big_Daddy_Sloth

1940 Shelby Supreme First up is my Shelby. Picked this bad boy up at a local antiques store. I haven't had the time to get it rolling yet. It reminds me of the old farm trucks my grandparents use to have. I couldn't really find a lot of info about it. Bonus: It still has the original leather...
  18. Big_Daddy_Sloth

Just some bikes I have collected over the years. I'll put them in chronological order. Many have been posted in Fresh Finds, some are not 'vintage' or 'rat rods', but they are bicicletas nonetheless. I take pride in the ownership of each one and so far have great memories attached to the ones...
  19. Big_Daddy_Sloth

Show us your PHAT..........bikes

My 2006 Nirve Switchblade SS. I recently added the whitewalls, red rims, and the leopard saddle to match the grips on my ape hangers. This thing is a blast to ride. :D At my friend's shop, Ice Scream: And at home, before I left: Although, this isn't my fattest bike. ;) I own a Surly...
  20. Big_Daddy_Sloth

Wheel trouble

Put a 2x4 under your rim, under the trouble spot, and tap it with a hammer back into place. I did this with a steel Schwinn rim that I couldn't find a replacement for. That was a 'blowout', i.e. the rim was bulging out. If it is the other way, I would assume same method, just reverse and more...
Back