Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Geebear77

NAHBS

The North American Handmade Bicycle Show is happening right now in Sacramento, Feb 26,27,28. Google it or DM for more info.
  2. Geebear77

Build off Bike Named El Boogie

Such a beautiful tank. OMG.
  3. Geebear77

RRB on Yahoo main page?

4. Geebear77

The Bidwell Bomber-Name explained, I'd rather be clunking!

Modesto represented. Nice job.
  5. Geebear77

Penny the iron horse

Thanks, Luke Pushie, I dig your new school build. What a great view you have!
  6. Geebear77

Penny the iron horse

With the bars forward enough, in ain't half bad. May put a hub motor in back. What's the best way to hide dents, tube wraps?
  7. Geebear77

Penny the iron horse

Picked up this Coker Wheelman on CL. Cleaned the bearings. Added the apes. Getting ready for some tweed rides. Still need a seat cover.
  8. Geebear77

Sacrmento Tweed Spring Ride

Hey RRB. Sacramento Tweed is having a Seersucker ride on May 6th. This group likes to ride slow between family friendly watering holes and parks Downtown. Any bike will do and tweed or seersucker clothing is only suggested. Ask me or Google them for more info.
  9. Geebear77

Cranbrook no holds barred

Re: Cranbrook N.H.B 2-25-12 update Sorry, Its been a while due to having Son #2 and a house renovation that just won't quit. (Ok, get off the pity train) Here is my first try at a leaf spring fork. The pivot is 1/4 by 1.5in steel bar sandwiched between skate bearings. I drilled the holes...
  10. Geebear77

Thanks, Jackdaw. I got 2 at Walmart and 1 at Walmart.com with free delivery. I'm gonna to stretch the fork next.
  11. Geebear77

Re: Cranbrook N.H.B. 11-2-11 update So, I replaced the sagging seat brace with square tube to keep my rear off the tire. Home Depot corner braces made great dropout extensions. I plan to hide them with taillights or number plates. Here's how she sits now. Chain rubbing was fixed with...
  12. Geebear77

Re: Cranbrook no holds barred update1 So I broke out the dremel and released the seat clamp from its spot welded perch. I cut down the seat tube, but I left a little tongue to possibly screw the seat to. I drilled the seat cross bar and screwed it to where the fender was. Now the...
  13. Geebear77

I bought 3 Cranbrooks because they are on sale right now. 1 for my Wife, 1 for her Aunt, and 1 for me. I may need to go get another. addicted? maybe. My first thought was to see what I could do without cutting or adding any parts. I immediately pulled the decals, flipped the bars, and...
  14. Geebear77

Lurker comes clean

First I took off the fenders. Then I flipped the bars and put the seat bolt through the binder. What the heck, I put a banana seat and some apes on there and called it gorilla style. All of them look pretty horrible. It will go back to better boardtrack version soon. Pay no attention to the...
  15. Geebear77

Lurker comes clean

Thanks, Fireproof. You and your daughter are quite inspiring. Well, I often come to Sacto for the tweed rides (like this Sunday). I would love to go on some cruises too. I will try to drag Lancer with me.
  16. Geebear77

Lurker comes clean

Here goes. Geebear from Modesto, Ca. I am a bicycle enthusiast of many types. I have been designing a bike for over a year now, collecting donor bikes along the way. I have a 70's Hawthorn that has gone from Boardtrack to Gorilla and back. I plan to start my frame up build this summer...
Back