Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Ozark Flyer

Hello from WA State

You do a nice job with a camera too! The backlit wheel shadows have me purplexed. Welcome.
  2. Ozark Flyer

New Southern Chick

Love the El Camino! Welcome. I've seen quite a few nice bikes come from the Crust Belt!
  3. Ozark Flyer

Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

1939 DX My 1939 Schwinn DX Excelsior badged with reverse color scheme. My fave!
  4. Ozark Flyer

1980 Schwinn Cruiser

Really nice bike. They truly are a great cruiser and a last breath of greatness from a dying brand.
  5. Ozark Flyer

**BIG 52**

I've done the same. Most folks I send a gentle reminder will follow up with feedback. I ALWAYS leave feedback. Speaking of fads, I went for years without a problem seller. Twice recently I had to file a complaint with eBay over non-shippers. I can testify that if a seller has negative...
  6. Ozark Flyer

Skiptooth Conversion

Skiptooth setups reline the cool-o-meter. Go over to the auction site and buy a clean looking used diamond for $50 - $75 bucks. Drop it on and ride it hard. Worth the price. I've bought two of them with no issues. I've cleaned up rusty frozen ones from old bikes by soaking a week in both...
  7. Ozark Flyer

BF GOODRICH The orig. paint comes out **New Pics**

Yea, paint scheme is saying 1950 Hornet or Spitfire. Panthers did not use that paint scheme that I know of. Both Hornet and Spitfires were badged with BF Goodrich badges with Schwinn Built in small script below and i agree they used the Challenger name on the tank. I could be wrong but the two...
  8. Ozark Flyer

Schwinn Vestige - anyone seen one, heard of it??

Agreed, that's really cool. Looks good too...for a green bike.
  9. Ozark Flyer

any regular 2sp kickback users?

I agree with the "like it" croud. After a short time you will be kickin it without even thinking about it. IMHO even better is the earlier manual version. It stays in the same gear until you use the shifter lever.
  10. Ozark Flyer

RUST

Petroleum based oils will evaporate fairly quick. Sporting goods stores sell an animal grease used to protect the bore on black powder rifles. It's called Bore Butter. Used for long term storage of fire arms. A thin coat last a very long time.
  11. Ozark Flyer

1939 Schwinn DX

Man, you have my dream bike! Love it!
  12. Ozark Flyer

Any advice on an old school looking helmet?

It's just a dorky looking but here's my 60's Bell Storm Trooper bike helmet. (smoke visor included) Search "vintage Helmets".
  13. Ozark Flyer

Bendix Kickback Questions

If I could add, I believe the low gear ratio is .67/1
  14. Ozark Flyer

How To Ship a Bike (Please read and contribute)

Having shipped quite a few bikes, I have found a couple of options that are (on average) cheaper. If shipping a regular size bike box, UPS has an over size package charge that FedEx does not. That's usually about a $15 up charge UPS won't tell you about but will be added to the price and which...
  15. Ozark Flyer

paint stripping

Aircraft brand stripper will remove it but you will likely send everyone in your building to the hospital. I agree with the others on media blasting it.
  16. Ozark Flyer

Social Deviation finished

Wow! That's the bomb! Excellent work.
  17. Ozark Flyer

When Somebody Says "I'll Take It"....

I understand and agree with your point but that works both ways. I recently replied to a post for a post war locking springer. I didn't call dibbs or commit to buy but was was the first responder. Because of the poor quality of few photos, I asked specifics about the condition of the chrome...
  18. Ozark Flyer

*'36 Road Star*

Very nice work!
  19. Ozark Flyer

Schwinn bikes ( post pics here )

My 1940 Schwinn Roadster
  20. Ozark Flyer

The "fastest cruiser bike"

Someone's going to have to explain to me how he does it. Even a blue overdrive 2 speed shouldn't be capable of that.
Back