Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. P

FOUND Wanted western flier buzz bike 2+1

Looking for a wheelie bar bike. Western flyer buzz bike 2+1. Amf skeeter 2+1. Looking for something rough not wanting to break the bank to purchase a mint bike. Just a frame will work too. I'm planning on a full custom restoration.
  2. P

Hoosier antique & classic bicycle club winter swap meet

It' that time of year again.
  3. P

Vintage mountain bike

I rescued this green iguana today. It was very dirty but had cleaned up very well.
  4. P

Prewar schwinn

I saw this ad on Craigslist. I didn't want to spend the cash but I couldn't pass on this bike. I think it's a 1973. I need pedals and grips. Possibly a fender ornament or light. Not sure what belongs there. Too bad it's been painted. I didn't even haggle on the price. The seller was a...
  5. P

Fastback slik

I saw this old farm tool at an antique store yesterday. I notied the wheel was off a schwinn fastback. It had a fastback slik tire too. The tire was shot :( I did not buy it.
  6. P

Anyone in Fairfield ca?

I'm looking at a bike in Fairfield ca. The seller won't ship. It's a 24" schwinn. I need someone to pick up the bike and ship it to me in indiana. If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it. The auction ends sunday 11/13 Pat
  7. P

Electra restoration

I picked this up at my local goodwill outlet for $15. I figured I could flip it for a little profit. Then my niece came over and took the bike for a ride. She fell in love with it and asked if she could have it. So I did some research on removing paint. Took a trip to Lowe's to pick up some...
  8. P

87 GT pro freestyle tour team model restoration

I found this bike on the goodwill auction website. Problem was the bike was in Tucson I'm in Indianapolis goodwill doesn't ship. So I asked a couple friends in the area to pick up the bike. I had it all worked out but my friend was only available weekends and goodwill isn't open on weekends...
  9. P

Anyone in Tucson?

Anyone on here in Tucson willing to pick up a bike from Goodwill and ship it to me in Indianapolis? The auction ends 12/15. Goodwill will not ship the bike. I can paypal you for shipping/packing. Thanks Pat
  10. P

87 GT Performer rebuild

When I was a kid I was dying to get a GT Performer in powder blue. I wanted this bike so bad I could taste it. Of course it was way too expensive so for Christmas I got a 87 Schwinn Predator. Man I was disappointed. So a few years ago I finally picked up my dream bike...well sort of. I did...
  11. P

A couple new toys

I picked up this Huffy cruiser from a garage sale for just $10. I don't normally buy modern bikes especially anything made in China but the price was right and I figured the tires were worth what I paid for the bike. It was somewhat rusty and dirty from sitting in his garage for a while but it...
  12. P

I need help with a Nexus 3 speed hub

Hey guys. I need a little help with a nexus 3 speed coaster brake hub. My dad has my Electra townie with a 3 speed nexus coaster brake hub. He took the rear wheel off to install a set of fenders. Now he can't get the bike to shift gears. I read online that you are supposed to shift the hub...
  13. P

New license plate for my 46 Schwinn

I finally found a license plate for my old 46 Schwinn B6 Autocycle. Here's the complete bike. Sorry for the unclear photos. I have a waterproof case for my phone which works great but the cover for the camera lens is scuffed.
  14. P

68 Ramshorn

I picked this beast up earlier this summer. I planned on working on it during my surgery recovery time but I didn't consider that I wouldn't be able to lift anything over 10 pounds or strain myself by wrenching on a bike. I sure wish I would have torn this down before my surgery then I would...
  15. P

1987 flashback

I picked up this 1987 GT Performer two weeks ago. I have wanted this bike since I was a kid in 87. Of course the GT was too much money so I got a Schwinn instead. I was pretty excited when I finally saw one on craigslist. It was a little rougher than I wanted but at least I have one now. I...
  16. P

super tall bike video

Check this out! http://youtu.be/uRWmsSxbL_A
  17. P

20" pre war ballooner

I saw this listed as a 50's Schwinn on my local craigslist. Asking price is $40 Aren't 20" ballooners pretty rare? Especially pre war bikes? Would this be worth picking up for a flip? If it were a boys bike it would already be mine. Thanks Pat
  18. P

Swingbike

I finished my swingbike build today. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out even after all the problems and unexpected expenses. This is my first time in a buildoff. Here is what I started with. Here she is all done. Here it is before I made the sprocket cover.
  19. P

What did I get besides rust?

I just picked up this Schwinn balloon tire bike today. Not sure exactly what it is. Serial number appears to be B99164. Previous owner thought it was factory set up for a whizzer motor with the heavy duty spokes and the way the frame is made. This has the ultra cool plane & train head badge...
  20. P

Swingbike Finished!

I recently picked up a complete swingbike frame off E bay. I had another swingbike frame in the works but the lower frame had to be built from scratch. A friend of a friend was doing the welding job. We made some good progress on the upper frame but the lower frame is still in pieces and it...
Back