Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. d.rock

Coronavirus family bike ride.

I dig that KHS. What tires are those? The tread reminds me of Tioga Powerblocks but I like the tan walls.
  2. d.rock

How about an UNFINISHED BIKES thread?

**MODERATORS- Feel free to move this thread if another forum is deemed more appropriate!** I thought it might be cool to start a thread for those of us who had all intentions of finishing our bikes to enter the build off, but didn't quite make the deadline for one reason or another. Post a...
  3. d.rock

Devistar9 Rocket

:shock: I WANNA RIDE IT! That thing looks fun! Super clean build, that bike looks quality. How's the ride quality and geometry feel? Really cool bike man. 8)
  4. d.rock

*The 76er*

I think you hit the rusty nail on the head with this one, it's definitely rat! I love the homebrewed details, and I would trade my rack for yours in a second. :lol: Awesome finished product! It looks old and crusty, but yet at the same time it looks like it would roll smooth and quiet. I...
  5. d.rock

>>> SINGLESPEED HOTROD >>>

I love how this bike turned out! Such attention to detail. The subtleties are so well done... the split fender, front fork support, minor tire size stagger, the list goes on. It's kinda like a Pashley and a BMX'er had a love child or something. :mrgreen: This bike will be getting some votes!
  6. d.rock

ever had a really bad day as a biker?

What he said... Not to mention, seems the guy is disabled from his ID card, at least drop it in the mail to him. Would definitely be a smart move after a day like that, every now and then good comes back to ya. Even if it doesn't, you did the right thing in the end and that should be reason...
  7. d.rock

-ROLAND- FINISHED ((sneak peak))

Re: -ROLAND- TRUMP CARD 7/16 WOW! :shock: Awesome idea. This bike is really gunning for my vote... 8)
  8. d.rock

1935 Monark 5 BAR "Deluxe 6 Rat Racer"

+1! There are a select few bikes that I'm gonna have a real hard time deciding between, my vote won't be easy!
  9. d.rock

-ROLAND- FINISHED ((sneak peak))

Re: -ROLAND- GOLD TEEF 7/12 I like the creative details on this bike. What about scratching some detail on the wings, with the point of a nail or something kind of sharp, but not razor edged? That way it'd give it a rough scratch rather than a cut. Are you using typewriter stamps to...
  10. d.rock

Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(DONE!!!)

Re: Straight from Bonneville***The Speed Demon***(99.8% DONE!) At the beginning of the build, I questioned how well everything was going to flow together. As it stands now, I see you had an awesome vision all along! Seriously, nice work on this bike! You won't ever see another one like it...
  11. d.rock

Hot Rod 'Liner, a couple more ride pics

Re: Hot Rod 'Liner I don't know how I missed this build! I'm digging the minimalist roadie approach, and I love the fact that you're actually making this bike rideable. Keep up the good work! :D Do you know the manufacturer of that saddle bag? It's exactly what I need for my commuter.
  12. d.rock

A Little 10-Speed Love Before and After (Mercier)

Any story on the champagne cork? Prior race winner or something? Nice bike! Looks great with the white accessories.
  13. d.rock

*The 76er* (I. Think. I'm. Done. update: 7/29)

Re: *The 76er* (license plating update: 7/2) Yes! Those bars are right on the money. Nice work on the double backward stem dual-wrench mount. Stick with the old grips too, the yellowed color is perfect against the wheels and seat.
  14. d.rock

Need name for my Walmart fixie

+1 I like Goof-Off too.
  15. d.rock

My wifes ride

I'd vote for keeping the blue also. My wife has a 77 Hollywood that she insisted on me doing black/pink which required stripping great condition factory blue paint- it was painful! But it had a nice end result. I'm still planning to get decals for hers, along with a white seat and grips. The...
  16. d.rock

ReCycled (rack progress! 7/5)

Well get to cutting! :D Imitation is the best form of flattery. My bike won't be a RRBBO winner, I've got no problem with people using my ideas for inspiration! I am from GA originally, redneck engineering is what I do best. :mrgreen: Thanks for the compliments guys. I've got a couple more...
  17. d.rock

ReCycled (rack progress! 7/5)

Re: ReCycled (formerly Murray in the Raw, 5/26) What's this!?! Progress?? :roll: Making a little headway on my rack project. I had to spend a little money here ($5) for an old metal milk crate (a repurposed material, sticking with the ReCycled theme :D). I'm only using the top 1/3 of it...
  18. d.rock

'77 Schwinn Hollywood

I found some that are 26 x 1-3/4 x 2, I guess they are the same width but are a bit taller than middleweight. I actually bought a set of Kenda 26x2.125 whitewalls not realizing the S7 rims had a funky size to them. Your wife's bike is actually the one that made her decide on the color scheme...
  19. d.rock

'77 Schwinn Hollywood

Time to bring this thread back from the dead. My wife kept bugging me to finish her bike before I did any more work on my build off bike, so I got it rolling and now it's about 90% done. Spent a lot of time polishing, rebuilt the coaster hub, painted the frame satin black, and broke down the...
  20. d.rock

CCM Regal (pic heavy)

Wow, I'm super impressed with how this build turned out. I love the color combo, very classy! I'd ride the heck outta that thing.
Back