Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Porsche930dude

Penny Farthing Big wheel Antique Bike

yes they are steel mountain bike wheels. they would probrobly be truer if they were rolled. I dont have a roller so i couldnt do it that way. But the most critical parts are at the welds and getting a seamless transition there. Also My wheel is just a bit wobbly side to side. maybe 1/8" or less...
  2. Porsche930dude

Show us your Banana Seat Bikes! MO NANNA MO BETTA

I just repainted and swapped on a banana seat. Its much better now :)
  3. Porsche930dude

Nice. I would definatly need a better seat to go more than a few miles but that sounds like fun.
  4. Porsche930dude

I made some new pedals for it. I used the center spinny parts from old pedals and made new ends and wood and bolted it together. They came out great
  5. Porsche930dude

My Ordinary bicycle (NOW, video on page 3!)

Beautiful job. I especially like the leaf sprung seat. I havnt seen them dont that way before
  6. Porsche930dude

Fat cruiser build with Car tires

I made a little video not much action I mostly just did it as a build log on the u-tube but its something.
  7. Porsche930dude

Well its free whenever you find an opener at the curb. It comes in long lengths and is always in like new condition. Its great stuff for single speed just not designed for the derailers
  8. Porsche930dude

jaybllok Its definatly and older one for more clunky chain i think its only like a 5 speed. but the chain i think it isnt even really bicycle chain i may have gotten it from an old garage door opener. it works great on single speed bikes just not quite smooth enough to get the job done here. I...
  9. Porsche930dude

thanks guys! the bike is holding up fine. the only thing I want to do is change the chain. the one on it isnt designed to be used with a derailer so the shifting is real touchy and just generally doesnt shift real well. But other than that lots of fun. I still hanvnt made a video but I will...
  10. Porsche930dude

Thanks guys! Ill work on that riding video
  11. Porsche930dude

Its all done. I might add an S in the V on the chain guard but other than that its all done and works good. Yea its a workout but what bike isnt. Like they say it never gets any easier you just go faster Anyway im real happy with it. On to the next project
  12. Porsche930dude

High wheel cruiser

thats a big one :) did you build it?
  13. Porsche930dude

I did some painting on the frame . I used the same gray color as the wheels so it matches . Iv got an idea of what i want to do on the chainguard im not sure about the fenders yet. also notice the diamond painted on the seat post. I have a raligh badge and I liked it because of its complexity...
  14. Porsche930dude

I got it painted. the color actually came out better than it looked in the can. Still not exactly what I was going for but it still looks 50s ish so im happy with it. Once I figured out the paint needed to be thinned out to about 3/4s laquer thinner it sprayed fine. I never sprayed laquer so it...
  15. Porsche930dude

its all ready to paint now. might do that in the next day or so. I got a little 4oz gun from harbor freight i think itll work well for bikes and small stuff. Iv got a bunch of old acrylic laquer paint just odd colors so i mixed a bunch of it together and got a blue green color that should look...
  16. Porsche930dude

Rusty/Patina Bicycle Gallery

my old colombia pulled straight from a friends barn
  17. Porsche930dude

Thanks alot guys im glad you like it! Certainly takes a bit of work to get it moved around but thats the nature of the beast :) I got side tracked a bit yesterday and made a 6" spoked wheel for a minibike. Came out really good. I hope the back one goes as well.
  18. Porsche930dude

heres my build page on the tank http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/omb-build-off-2014/87853-goliath-mini-tank-jeep2003-mt2w-2014-a.html Im still working on the bodywork on the bicycle. the fenders are done and im almost done with the forks . really just taking my time on it. i think im going to...
  19. Porsche930dude

Thanks guys. I tore down the bike today but my welder broke during the final welds so iv got to order a rectifier for it. good thing my brother is good at electronics
  20. Porsche930dude

Slow progress but almost done with the fab work. Just need to attatch the front fender and run the cables through the frame and that should be it i guess. Im probrobly going to weld the shifter to the top tube behind the stem for a clean look
Back