Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Joker-n-Jack

"TimeTwister"My Build-Off #7 Bike .

I really didn't have much of a plan, so I started looking around in thrift stores for inspiration...stuff that might look like it fit the idea. I found some gooseneck desk lamps and thought that the shade from one would make a cool housing. In the same thrift store I found a decorative basket...
  2. Joker-n-Jack

"TimeTwister"My Build-Off #7 Bike .

This is my build-off 7 bike The Time Twister. The idea was to build a kind of Time machine/Steam Punk bicycle. It started out like this as a CraigsList find for 40.00 It is a 1981 Schwinn Cruiser 5...I am pretty excited because it is my first Schwinn EVER!... And this is how it came out...
  3. Joker-n-Jack

BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

MAN! There are SO many cool bikes in the Build-Off! 20 votes per person wouldn't have been enough! You all built some awesome rides!
  4. Joker-n-Jack

BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Not stressing over it...I got the chance to do something really cool with a bike and see a lot of others do the same....So, these three Babylonians walk into a bar, and there sits Habakkuk...and he's like "DUDES!...You shoulda DUCKED!" get it?...LOL...Walked Into a BAR!...Like a metal bar...
  5. Joker-n-Jack

BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Personally, I LOVE all the joking around and stuff (even if it's at my expense) it lightens things up...and when I was feeling frustrated with my limited abilities and resources the joking around kept it fun...as for OT stuff, Old Testament, somehow I missed all of that...I DO love a good...
  6. Joker-n-Jack

BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

I know I'm sounding whiney here...Even though I'm not trying to...but yes I read the rules...and what they say are the COMPLETED BIKE must be posted by the deadline...and that the thread should contain all three types of pics...now I'll just drop it though.
  7. Joker-n-Jack

BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

I understand all that, but if that were the case wouldn't people notice that there were differences on the bike in the pictures thereby being allerted to the fact that work was done post-deadline...by the way... TIME TWISTER!...ALL BOLT ON!..ALL THE WAY! Ohhhh YE-AHHH!!!
  8. Joker-n-Jack

BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Wow, I didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to add pictures after the deadline time. I just thought you had to have a finished picture up. For future reference you might want to include that information in the build-off rules
  9. Joker-n-Jack

Time Twister

Wow! Thanks guys! It was pretty weird when I took it out to take the pics. As I was hauling it on the back of the car people were actually stopping in the road to look at it. And then I stopped at Quik Trip to get a Mountain Dew and when I came out some people were taking pictures of it...
  10. Joker-n-Jack

Time Twister

My computer is acting squirrely so I will finish posting pics from another computer tomorrow.
  11. Joker-n-Jack

Time Twister

This is the best I could get for a picture of the clock/tailight working.
  12. Joker-n-Jack

Time Twister

This is the best I could get for a picture of the clock/tailight working.
  13. Joker-n-Jack

Time Twister

You got it Big Kountry. :)
  14. Joker-n-Jack

Time Twister

I'm gonna feel old if nobody gets the clocktower reference! LOL!
  15. Joker-n-Jack

Time Twister

I survived the summer of many church camps and am excited to be able to finally post pictures of the finished "Time Twister".
Back