Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. L

Massey Boardtracker

Clunker? This is really a beautiful frame. I would just clear coat the ploished frame and build a mean knobby tired clunker with very modern components.
  2. L

Frank N. Stine - updated pics 7-2-08

Dont touch the head tube! Cut the fork below the thread with your cut off saw and weld a spacer from another donor fork. Dont stress about accuracy because you can always cut off threads if you need to later.
  3. L

RAT ROD BIKES BUILD OFF 2 DISCUSSION

Breaking the rules.. Fast Eddie, youre a great competitor for asking if you can use bondo. But what's the deal with all the other people flat out breaking rules? We've got people welding two frames to create a reverse trike (without even a before pic, I might add), a bike that was already...
  4. L

my bike in progress**new9/24**

20 inch inseam, 30 inch reach? Nice colors. How easy is it to ride?
  5. L

Y

Frame When you go to a bike shop and buy a suspension MTB frame, it includes the rear swingarm and sometimes the shock. You dont buy the rear arm seperately suggesting that the conscensus of the cycling industry is that it is part of the originally designed frame structure and not just a part...
  6. L

DFBO: Longoria 1908-BTR

No, not another pair of forks. I used a 1/2" roundstock I bought at Northern Tools. I tried bending it perfectly round to match the curvature of the fender but as you can see I couldnt get it perfectly round because I cold-formed it. The best way to form metal is to heat it. I had to bend and...
  7. L

DFBO: Longoria 1908-BTR

Well this is my DFBO submission. It is inspired by a 1908 Indian Board Track Racer. This was a frame salvaged from trash day. It was a Magna mountain bike that I found with a bent fork and rusted components. I cut off all the unnecessary tabs and rounded all the welds and joints with Bondo. I...
  8. L

Long time listener, first time caller...

Hello everyone, name's Longoria from Houston. I've checked out the website for a few months and finally had a reason to join with the DFBO. I've been messing with bikes for years and now really getting into the scene. I built a Board Track Racer for the DFBO and will post pictures later today...
Back