Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Phat Stormtrooper

Outrageous Dude!, Simply outrageous!.
  2. M

can't afford moon discs Soooo.....

Wow great minds think alike, the only difference between us may be the fact that Im a procrastinator and your a doer. Im glad you did it and it turned out well, now I know exactly what Im getting myself into. Nice work!.
  3. M

LETS SEE HAWTHORNE BICYCLES !!!!!!!!

Dumpster?!. Those are a sweet find, Im rebuilding them in my mind as Im looking at them. Awesome!
  4. M

This is how my Hawthorne looked when I bought it. Kind of homely :(
  5. M

Its in its early stages of the build up right now. I want it to look what it might have been if a BMX cruiser would have existed in the 50's or 60's era. Once Im finished I will post pic's of every stage from beginning of build to finish. A winter project :D
  6. M

I waited for quite a while just for a vintage cruiser to surface of any kind and then one morning I woke up and made a coffee turned on the computer and went to my favorite online for sale site and there was my Hawthorne freshly posted within minutes of me turning on my computer. I was super...
  7. M

I just recently bought my first vintage cruiser in the form of a Hawthorne. Ive already started to modify it into a Klunker and its in its early stages. Im so glad I found a Hawthorne, I love the twin top tubes.
  8. M

Standard size BMX crank on a Hawthorne Cruiser

The BMX crank arms are 8 inches in length compared to 6 and 1/4 . If I want to build up good speed with 6 and 1/4 arms I'll have to give er everything I got until I got no more and even then I still aint flying.
  9. M

Rigid?, like adding a 26 inch BMX fork?. Sounds like a good idea that I may consider because I may end up racing this thing on dirt track so by altering the way I ride on turns I will sacrifice my times. If longer fork is what I need so I can keep the Redline crank I may not have a choice. I...
  10. M

I am building a Klunker out of a late 50's to early 60's Hawthorne and Im using a Redline 400 Flight crank but Im finding that if I am pedaling on an angle or turning sharply that the pedal contacts the ground. This is my first build so I am wondering why this would happen when the bike has 26...
  11. M

So I just got this hawthorne frame...

Wow I think I finaly found a post that has the answer I was looking for :D . I just bought a bike that looks like these ones with the twin top tubes. The picture of mine is the only one I have at this time and does not really show them well. Im new with the cruiser bike style and Im absolutely...
Back