Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. V

Early 60's Columbia Firebolt

This bike is on auction with NO RESERVE at this link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0702391684
  2. V

One Classy Broad- DONE!

Very nice!
  3. V

Spaceliner new build

Nice build, love these frames!
  4. V

Thanks for all the compliments! My neighbor did the painting, he does it on the side in a paintbooth in his garage. Not sure what he used for base, if at all. I primed it in white before he got it. The seat is not original to this exact bike, but right for the period. I just masked and...
  5. V

Re: Done!! '61 Columbia Firebolt Done!! Just need a decal for the chainguard!
  6. V

I finally got a chance to do a little more work. It's nearly done. Today I put the new bars on, used the old grips, clamped down the coaster brake, put the tank and bell back together (lights not working yet), and started cleaning/priming the chainguard. I threw an old seat on just to see how...
  7. V

I'm still working on the tank, still have to get the battery packs and some bulbs. Got the rims back from the bike shop today, all new spokes! Here's some pics of recent progress:
  8. V

64 Austria Sears From Barn to Street

Very nice, but I have to admit to being more interested in the purplish bike in the background with the crazy bars! :D
  9. V

Flightliner..

Very cool, I love the dropouts on the Flightliner. Here's one I built up and sold recently.
  10. V

Early 60's Hiawatha?

Haven't even looked at the rearend yet, but I did get the rest of the S/N: WG3 907 3 423512
  11. V

Early 60's Hiawatha?

Bendix, single red stripe.
  12. V

Early 60's Hiawatha?

Just trying to get a ballpark year on this little beauty. First two digits in SN are "WG".
  13. V

Kustom lowrider/apehanger

This is an awesome build!
  14. V

FRANKENSTIENMOONSCHWINE 5/12/12 FINISHED!!!>:0

Re: FRANKENSTIENMOONSCHWINE update FINISHED!!!>:0 Love the little details here, the chain, gears, grips, seat, paint. It all goes together well.
  15. V

Thanks for the tips. I see where that middle bar was welded on, if I would have known before I had it painted, I might have attempted to restore that piece. Looks cool the way it is though. Next big step is the rims, they're getting re-laced this week. It's really the only big $$$ I'm going...
  16. V

HP Snyder afternoon build: RATTY!

Thanks! I've posted it on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/190665660720?ss ... 1586.l2649 This will hopefully make me enough money to get my rims laced for my Firebolt: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=55139
  17. V

HP Snyder afternoon build: RATTY!

This turned out better than expected. Had this frame laying around that I've been trying to get rid of for months. I've been told that it's a number of different brands, but I've gotten a lot of consensus on it being an HP Snyder based on the dual top tube and the openings for the back fenders...
  18. V

First off, nice build on your Firebolt! I just looked over your thread, and it looks great! Second, I'm glad for the good pics of your chainguard decal, that way I'll have something to show the decal guy when the time comes. As for the bar down the middle, where/ how does it attach in front...
  19. V

Having fun with my JC Higgins

Not sure about that seat, but it might be an improvement over what you've got. Otherwise I agree with most of the posts here: I like the evolution of your project, and would keep the rack and tank. Good luck with the seat decision!
  20. V

Hiawatha Quick Build,...

Personally, I like the tires. Tidy little build here. :D
Back