1. kingfish254

A couple of smalls...

SCHWEET!!!!
  2. kingfish254

RRBBO16

AWESOME!!!!!
  3. kingfish254

"Speed Demon" 1950s JC Higgins JetFlow

Sunday we had perfect ride weather. @Dr. Tankenstein brought out his Toadmaster and our buddy Chris surprised us with his cool muscle bike Kokomo that he had just put together the day before. We had a great time out and about for over 7 hours including a couple of beer/food stops.
  4. kingfish254

I was lucky with this one. Really it was more of a rework of an already cool build.
  5. kingfish254

RRBBO16

I just posted the build thread for my Speed Demon warmup build.
  6. kingfish254

Connected the Boxkars shifter to the Nexus7 hub, then just as I was tightening the last chainguard screw, it started raining!!!!!!! I didn't let it stop me. Jumped on the bike and went for a short rain ride. The Oglethorpe Club even threw a coming out party for my latest build. Just over 24...
  7. kingfish254

Put on the guard that came from a completely different JetFlow that was painted years ago too. It really matches up well with the tank. Routed the shifter cabling and re-learned how to adjust Nexus 7 hub shifting. This shifter is so freaking smooth.
  8. kingfish254

Looked through my grips and decided on these NOS Flex-Grips. I've had these for years and they are perfect for this build. Super comfy too. I also mounted the shifter back on the frame. Threw on a big bell along with my coon tail.
  9. kingfish254

It was cool when we all swapped bikes. It's great to see someone else riding your bike because you really get a feel for how good/bad it looks being used and rolling. What great ride! (photos to follow later).
  10. kingfish254

I wanted a nice upright riding geometry so at first I tried these prewar motobike crusty crossbars with an old stem I had. The prewars just seemed a bit to "slow" looking for the build, so I used these 50s sweeping crossbars that I've had for awhile. I like these a lot better.
  11. kingfish254

The seat that I got with this bike is a killer high end Persons stamped red leather recover. I decided to keep it for my stash as well. But I didn't have to sacrifice, I had the perfect saddle in mind for this build. I picked up this diamond checkered rat saddle from a bike a few months ago...
  12. kingfish254

It was pretty easy to get everything aligned again. If you aren't familiar with the Sheldon Brown webpage, I suggest you give it a look. It's a dated page layout (especially since he passed away), but there is an untold wealth of technical knowledge stuffed away in there. I had a roller early...
  13. kingfish254

Once I connected the drivetrain, the chain was binding at an angle on the chainring. Had to break out the old Sheldon Brown 2x4 to persuade the rear end back in shape. The right dropout was a full inch out of whack. I don't know how this was rideable before. Obviously this happened sometime...
  14. kingfish254

This bike had killer parts on it and I have wanted a set of redline Hanks for a long time. I first used a set of these on my Flex-Liner build back in BO7. So, I removed them from this bike to keep in my back pocket for future builds. I pulled these cream brick tread tires from the prewar...
  15. kingfish254

RRBBO16

MO FATTA MO BETTA
  16. kingfish254

Used an X53 springer fork that I picked up a few years ago. I'll probably paint this down the road.
  17. kingfish254

Changed out the sprocket and cranks for a Monark paisley dogleg that I kept from a ladies Monark a couple of years ago.
  18. kingfish254

It was late December when I picked this up, but it has been sitting in my office since then. My plans for this one was for it to be a nice any day rider. @Dr. Tankenstein and I had a ride planned this past weekend with another old bike friend, so I decided build it up quickly. This was...
  19. kingfish254

The tank changed hands and "bighit" owned it for a while and along with a my current proper JetFlow frame. Then Hounddog ended up with it and he build out the first complete build of this that I remember seeing.
  20. kingfish254

Here is a pic of the tank just after Tyler had them painted. This was in BO6 (my very first build off). He ended up not using these on his final build because they actually weren't correct for his frame (his frame was a Colorflow style which has a different midtube shape than the JetFlow.