Search results

1. idiotboy

Shelby hot rod

this one’s done, despite my terrible procrastination started with a frame, a pile of parts and a vision and ended up with a bike [emoji605]
  2. idiotboy

Shelby hot rod

I’m in, I have a frame and a vision. Whether or not the bike cooperates remains to be seen. I have a couple races coming up and a big project at work so progress will be slow at first. The extra month this year will be helpful. I also have no idea if any of the parts I want to use going to play...
  3. idiotboy

Frames pick up in western Ma

Anyone want these before they go in the scrap pile? Columbia sport 3 for a really short person with fork and chain guard, Columbia step through and prewar I believe Westfield built, with an old weld repair to both top tubes, poorly done so the front triangle is now crooked , fork steer tube and...
  4. idiotboy

Timeliner

Another build off, another fun bike! Not what I envisioned at the start but here it is thanks to falstaff for the carcass that I thought I had no use for at the time... it’s been a pleasure building a bike with you all again!
  5. idiotboy

Sunday’s ride

Went on the 4th annual Farmington to Collinsville vintage ride Sunday, met some cool people, saw some neat bikes and had a great sandwich[emoji4] took a few pictures before the ride then started talking to people and put the phone away nice original Westfield 24” space liner ratty Columbia...
  6. idiotboy

RRBBO13 Timeliner

What if someone besides Schwinn built a prewar cantilever? Most of us here have taken an old frame and put new wheels and drivetrain on it, makes for a cool, nice riding bike. How bout a not quite so old frame with a prewar drivetrain? Or am I just being cheap and trying to use up a bunch of...
  7. idiotboy

trooper

Finally finished a winter build off bike!! I will admit I kinda cheated and built a really simple bike, but I wanted to showcase the frame. It's a transgender Colson looptail, modified by Walker and sold to me by Danimal. Mostly modern parts, some stuff I had in the pile, and Thompson seat and...
  8. idiotboy

The trooper

Well I'm gonna try again, I've never been able to finish a winter build off, over time at work, ice racing and a lack of heat in my cellar have conspired against me. With that in mind, this is gonna be a simple bike, mostly just bolting stuff together. Not really in this for votes I just wanna...
  9. idiotboy

Bike with no name

It's done! started here ended up with this . . . . . . . . And in the spare bedroom with the other build off bikes :) now comes the most difficult part of the build off, choosing which bikes to vote for! It's been a blast building a bike with you guys and watching some amazing creations take...
  10. idiotboy

Found it, didn't buy it, yet...

Saw this today at an antique shop near my work looks to be westfield built, missing the truss rods and the drop stand, this thing on the fender decent looking seat new departure hub, tires are shot, only reason I didn't put it into my work truck was the frame was welded on both top tubes and...
  11. idiotboy

Bike with no name

Not quite sure what this thing is, no head badge any more. The general consensus is that it's a Murray of some sort. I found it at a swap meet during last years build off while I was looking for a seat for last years bike... I just pulled it out of the shed tonight, I have no idea yet what I'm...
  12. idiotboy

Elgin mutt

I think it's time to call this one done, my plan was to take a bunch of parts of different bikes that I thought were cool on their own and make them into a bike. I also wanted to leave the original paint on all the parts, this is what I came up with got up early Saturday to get some miles on it...
  13. idiotboy

What did I just buy??

Picked this up at the Dudley swap meet Sunday, not sure what it is no head badge anymore main reason I bought it was these awesome air cooled hubs hoping the chrome is good under the crud seat stay bridge looks kinda like my Elgin dropouts frame detail chain wheel looks like Murray...
  14. idiotboy

Some junk, some cool parts..

Got a call from a friend the other day, her mom was cleaning out a rental property and wanted to know if I wanted 4 bikes, I figured it would be mostly junk but free parts is free parts.... Got this kids bike that I gave to a guy at work for his kid probly try to give this one away too, now it...
  15. idiotboy

Elgin mutt

I've had this frame stuffed under a table in the cellar for a year, resisting the temptation to test-fit parts on it before the build off my first Elgin :) no idea what's under the nasty green paint but it appears to have been orange at one point... my plan, subject to change without notice...
  16. idiotboy

Flightliner rebuild

Guess I should start a build thread on this one, it's mostly complete so I'm just gonna clean and grease it mostly, wheels are gonna be an issue and I'll have to change some small things just because, but here goes..... the "before" picture, got it in July or August at a flea market, petty good...
  17. idiotboy

Not a bike....

And not even fresh, but pretty cool anyway... Cleaning out my desk drawers and found the owners manual for my Deuce I bought in I think 1999
  18. idiotboy

Didn't really want another bike....

I look at old bikes on craigslist every couple nights for something to do, usually there's nothing good but once in a while I'll see something old and cool. If I do I'll save the link " just in case" but haven't actually bought anything in a couple years. About a week ago I saw this and it...
  19. idiotboy

Found it but didn't buy it...

Driving in my work truck today, saw an old bike at an antique shop but couldn't stop so I went back after work it's an Elgin with the curved seat tube, mostly complete but very badly repainted, bent fork, dented fenders etc. Guy is asking 350 which is out of my price range, is one of these...
  20. idiotboy

Fire arrow, 2nd try...

Finished, adjusted and ridden! Another fun bike in the stable started with this added some of this and ended up with this , . . . . . big thanks to RRB member tucktuck, if he didn't sell me a nice straight frame for a great price this bike would not have been built. Thanks also to Ian for...