Search results

1. ferdy

Wheel Discs anyone?

Does anyone know of a source for (inexpensive/ affordable ) wheel discs? A few years ago there was a member making and selling them I believe they were called "Deko Discs", but he's since stopped. Fred
  2. ferdy

1930's Elgin

Up for sale: 30's Elgin. I've enjoyed this one for a while and I'm ready to pass it on $300 plus shipping- located in central New York, offers will be considered: Frame is powder coated in a copper/textured style that is pretty durable; may be a few small scratches Tires: 26 X 2.35 Schwalbe Fat...
  3. ferdy

Swing Bike Builder?

Does anyone know how to contact "Bike Builder"? A couple of years ago he built a bunch of swing bike kits and listed them in the For Sale forum. I PM'd him a while ago with no response.
  4. ferdy

Bunch-o-Tires

I have 4 pairs of tires I will ship flat in a box, buy multiple sets and save on shipping. All prices plus shipping. I can fit three sets in one box to save shipping costs..... PM me to discuss Sun Lite 26 X 2.125 WW brand new never mounted CST 241 $28/pair Chen Seng 26 X 1.75 WW gently...
  5. ferdy

20" Small Brick 1.75/2.25 tire

Does anyone have a source for a small brick 20' 1.75/2.25 black wall tire? Fred
  6. ferdy

Niagara Cycle

Maybe I missed something- what happened to/at Niagara Cycle? haven't been able to access their website for weeks. Fred
  7. ferdy

Wheel Discs?

Anyone know of a supplier of "wheel discs". Nate @ Dekodiscs says they no longer are making them. Fred
  8. ferdy

Schwinn Grips, Spaceliner Rear Reflector

Nice pair of black cushion style Schwinn grips,good condition, will clean up well. $28 shipped Spaceliner Rear Reflector, excellent condition. It was painted silver at one time. No cracks. $35 shipped. Offers encouraged and considered! Fred
  9. ferdy

SOLD 1939 Elgin already ratted, trades?

Fresh from the barn basement! SN #SC11410. Leave as is and ride it proudly, or restore it- most everything is there. I 'd planned to do it but have changed some priorities. This bike rides great- it's really heavy but once in motion it tends to stay that way. the wheels are reasonably straight...
  10. ferdy

It takes a community.....1930's Elgin build

One of the things I like the best about this site is the sense of community for ideas, encouragement, and of course parts. Here's the list of the pieces I accumulated for the bike shown below. @ weakfish- Frame 1930's Elgin @ P.N.A. - Dogleg Crank @ ifitsfreeitsforme- Seat and grips...
  11. ferdy

Long Spring Seat

Up for your consideration: A smaller Long Spring Seat- approximately 7.5 X 9.5. Great patina and usable as is. The pan is good shape The rails have been repaired as can be seen in the photos and one of the springs needs to be welded back together. No clamp. $30 shipped (lower 48))
  12. ferdy

SOLD BMX bars, Stem, Grips

27" width, 6-7 " rise, new stem, 2.54- never mounted with grips. $50 shipped lower 48
  13. ferdy

SOLD Drum Brake Hub

Front Drum Brake hub, 36 hole, with cable- $28 shipped lower 48
  14. ferdy

Prewar Pedals

I'm looking for 4 inch X 1/2 threaded set of prewar pedals for a 1926 Elgin. I'd like to spend $30-35 or less, maybe dreaming..... Fred
  15. ferdy

24" Motor Bike Frame?

I recently acquired this nifty little prewar frame, forks and fenders. I was told it was an Elgin but would like some confirmation. It has flat fender braces and rain gutter fenders. The seat tube is about 15 inches. 24 inch tires leave a wide gap under the fenders, 26x 1.75's fit quite nicely...
  16. ferdy

Patina anyone?

Check this one out! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prewar-Vintage-1930s-Western-Flyer-Straightbar-26in-Bicycle-Frame-forks-fenders/253197661183?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649 Fred
  17. ferdy

Pedal Bearings

I am rebuilding an old set of Torrington pedals and would like to replace the bearings on both ends as some of the balls are falling out. Does anyone know of a source for replacements? I'll try to get pictures soon. Thanks, Fred
  18. ferdy

Truss Rod Brackets

Three styles available- $22 shipped includes the upper and the lower bracket of your choice. They are bare steel. The fit is tight- you may need to use a hone to slide them down on to your fork. Bend the upper bracket to fit your installation, comes with 5/16th holes Fred
  19. ferdy

Powder Coat vs Paint

I am (slowly) putting together a 1930's Elgin Motorbike and thinking ahead to how to finish the frame and fork-no fenders.The frame is currently bare metal. I'm not trying to keep it original. What are advantages to powder coating vs paint? I want something in a dark grey\charcoal grey color...
  20. ferdy

SOLD New Pair 29 X 2.25 Tires

New pair of 29 X 2.25 700c (ISO 57-622,) tires, never used. I believe they are Chinese. Shipped via Priority Mail for $42.00 PayPal, shipped from 13033, Cato, NY PM with questions. Thanks Fred