Search results

1. metalchewy

Hard Eight

Maybe this time i can finish a buildoff. Been a couple of years since i posted a finished build. Life catches up and you have no time... This build idea actually started weeks ago, but have had so many things going on. 60hr weeks, plus a very sick puppy, plus a bunch of other things have made...
  2. metalchewy

BO15 Chewy's Fallout Twin

This bike has been rolling around in my mind for a couple of years now. I've been so busy with work and play, I haven't been building like I would like. With the hot suer coming, and OBC just around the corner. ( Yeah, it's in September this year). I would like to make a showing for the week...
  3. metalchewy

YF / NTS Rider

I have had this picture in my mind of a double-bar twin cruiser that I've wanted to build for awhile. I pictured it to be stretched out a bit with some wide rugged meaty tires on it. Shiny in places, not-so-much in others. Initial on paper like this: To start. I have only assembled a...
  4. metalchewy

LED Light in a Soupcan ...

Not an electriciane but ive been toying with this idea for awhile. Wanted to run inexpensive 12v Led lights on my bike, but not have to pack a ton of AAA battery's to power it. I Pulled a soup can out of the recycle bin to be painted when I did my 40 Columbia. Fit perfectly between the...
  5. metalchewy

'Swing Blade.. MBBO class 2

Been collecting parts for this for a little while ago. I am entering time challenged, but have vacation planned a couple times in the 4 month BO. Taking this old girls bike and flipping it upside down. The plan is to cut and hinge it in the middle to get a little swing action. The $10 forks...
  6. metalchewy

RRBBO13 Old Goat (《 94 Proflex 》 )

-------------frame swap starts 12 or so threads down. It's been a great week. I've been thinking this one out a bit. I even drew a sketch or 10. Finally ended up with almost an idea... The name will come later.
  7. metalchewy

Double Down

This 37 roadmaster frame has given me a lot of fun over the last couple if years, and i ended up breaking it last fall. So... I stretched it out, widened it out... built a seat and fork to make it look tough, and have a new stretched 37 Roadmaster. This 1x10 speed with 80mm wheels rides...
  8. metalchewy

Double-Down

Woohoo. Been moving slow today, but I have plans for a stretched double bar. Gonna cut up this old western flyer that I broke the frame on last fall. Stretch the bars, expand the dropouts, etc Building..... Riding.....
  9. metalchewy

Electric Scoot!

Been kicking this idea around awhile. Saw a really cool scooter in last summer's buildoff. I am taking two bikes that were free... and try making a scooter cool enuff for me to ride... I got this bikeboard in a free set of bikes last summer. I got this electric stingray 'thrown in' when I...
  10. metalchewy

Bomber 40 - redux

Been awhile since I have posted. Work picked up, and other things and recent events have kept me extra busy. Tis the start of the fall/winter mountain biking season in Vegas. I broke my 'll double bar clunker last month, so I pulled the 40 snyder frame out for another go round. I reused...
  11. metalchewy

Desert Beer Rat

I have enjoyed making this one. Was limited in time but got a lot done and ended up with something I really like. Entry Photo: Walkthru vid: I started with a 40 Columbia I picked up from a forum member. Had been previously painted with latex, over pitted rust. So I cleaned it up...
  12. metalchewy

Photobucket is imploding....

With photobucket starting to charge for our longtime content and images, has anyone found easy way to changeover their posts to tapatalk or other free hosting repositories? I can't afford photobucket's hosting blackmail. And need a solution. Building..... Riding.....
  13. metalchewy

Desert Beer Rat (Finished)

It all starts with a wheel... I picked up a bike this last month from a member, and have been staring at it for a few weeks now waiting for it to tell me what it wants to be... IT is the right year for my tastes, and the right style... 40 Columbia. Will sit next to my 40 snyder... So, as...
  14. metalchewy

WBO Earth z ♢ Hunter ((Motor'en'''))

@Falstaff and @GuitarCarl had this challenge running and I had started a bike that was way too slow. Was looking at a frame change and the Muscle Bike Buildoff ended up taking the time. I left off having treaded the chain on a WCC frame. A Black Ops crank. I stole the bars and fork from...
  15. metalchewy

WBO Double Bar Digger

So, when I got up this morning, it was the first time I had to want to go riding since the 31st. So busy with work related things it was difficult to do much else. You may remember my double bar denim Bike. From last summers build. Well, after I got that fat bike rolling, I haven't had the...
  16. metalchewy

Munro bicycle at #CES2017

Saw this vintage looking e-bike parked off to the side of tech crunch. Will try to find their booth today to learn more.
  17. metalchewy

Ford Bicycle

Well, I have been so busy with work, I haven't had time to look at starting the wbo today. I did have the time to pop in at CES, and I found that Ford is making a bike for a mobility solution. A fully connected Bike. Hmmm I could see adding a custom made TRM tank...
  18. metalchewy

Muscle Bike Race Challenge, 2016

Merry Christmas all! Ok, so you thought you would hear the end of the Muscle Bike Sparkly or Rusty talk. It ends Dec1 Now and everyone has had a month to test and tune their new muscle bikes, some like us have crashed and rebuilt at least twice since the end! Well, I am calling all of...
  19. metalchewy

(MBBO#5 Class 2) Sassy

Video: Build thread: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/100175/ Started the build as a girls cruiser frame and a banana. White paint dusted with a bit of nickel flake. Converted to a mens 10 speed muscle bike with disc brakes, 80mm wheels. Apes with bright yellow grips...
  20. metalchewy

Sturmey 3spd stick shifter

Have an 1975 sturmey s3c, 3 speed coaster brake, straight mounted (55 spokes) to an S2 hoop. This with the three speed Sturmey Archer stick shifter with Oddysey Slic Kable, is a nice addition to any 20" muscle bike. Shifter with mounting hardware and cable, Reduced to $80 shipped. Wheel with...