• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1960 24" Schwinn Tornado $50 LOCAL PICKUP ONLY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I know, I know... It's a 24"
The good: Tank is there, rack is there, truss rods and truss clamp are there, paint and striping in good shape, wheels are in good shape, Schwinn script is all there
The bad: Fork was tweaked, I ruined it trying to fix it (will need a replacement or customize), incorrect seat, h-bars (but these are decent high-rise bars and look to be schwinn), and chainring, front fender needs a little love, has minor dents, no horn present in the tank, front wheel needs a couple of spokes but still spins straight, stem cinch bolt is not original and uses washers but works, pedal blocks are rough, somehow some gray paint got on the tank, looks unintentional like maybe a loaded paintbrush got too close a couple of times. Also looks like it will come off fairly easily. I removed some with compound, but didn't want to try it on the decals, the tank gills got hit by the truss rods but isn't very noticable

I'd like to sell for $165 shipped, or trade for prewar or odd stuff, accessories, frame , parts, etc
IMG_0398_zps4t0yjwqs.jpg

IMG_0399_zpsgmyc6slw.jpg

IMG_0400_zps7gwhrfi0.jpg

IMG_0401_zps6zntiabf.jpg

It is very nice for a 24" bike. C'mon let's step it up and save it from the part-out. Besides the fact that it already has some added parts. The handlebars are awesome!

New deal. I don't feel like shipping it and I wanted the handlebars for something else. So you can get the whole bike, tank and all, minus the bars. $50 to anyone close enough to Mount Airy, NC to come pick it up.

Local pickup only. Not worth it to ship just to make a dollar or two. Just trying to keep it out of the scrapyard at this point. Thanks for the interest.

Latest posts

Back