damage free headbadge removal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i thought there was a thread on this, maybe i was dreamin.
i figured this out a while back, but never took pix. this weekend i did.
the tool to use is a craftsman angle screwdriver and a hammer.
you can get that screwdriver seperate, bit comes in the big screwdriver pack. maybe ya got one for christmas.
center the phillips end on the tip of the screw or rivit(inside the head tube)
rest the flat end against the back of the head tube.
give it a couple taps with a hammer and the rivit should move out far enough to grab it w/ a vice grip or pliers.
done! heres pix to help ya get the idea.
000_0001-2.jpg

000_0002-3.jpg

000_0004-3.jpg

000_0005-1.jpg

000_0006-2.jpg

Yeah, you remember right, but where is always the question.........
Your pic and new topic sure clarify it!
BTW, I had a question about those 'glued' on ones, the kind that use a double-sided tape, and got the tip to use fishline and 'saw' it behind. I went looking for some and found a fine leader, c/w a swivel on each end. They make a great grab-on, it was the perfect length and it sawed right down through that tape lickety-split. Its in the toolbox now and has saved two cool headbadges.

Happy to have found this, been trying to figure out how to get the badge off a new project.

I've got that same screwdriver. That thing comes in handy for a lot of things. Favorite use for mine is to use it to lock the flywheel on a car.

Dental floss does work great for the stuck on badges. Just did that to one recently.

Latest posts

Back