dBd -- double Bar denim...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool grips!

Been so busy with work and the yard, its neen difficult to make the time for much else. Think i can make the time to finish it up soon. Sooo close.

I Rode this bike a couple of times this last week. 107 degrees on one of the outings. Made quick time, didnt feel as hot as it sounds, barely cracked a sweat... Its a Smooth riding, heavy roller, geared about right.

I cut out a template for the tank. Plan to cut up something metal this weekend, have some mesh sheeting that should be just right for what i want.

Figured you'd been lounging in that beautiful pool / back yard of yours....;)
Be watchin' your tank build with interest!

Figured you'd been lounging in that beautiful pool / back yard of yours....;)
Be watchin' your tank build with interest!
Still have fire pit and bbq area to pave in, and the yard will be together for the year. But yes, there has been a lot of pool time since the replaster, but also many hours at work ensuring i can pay the new bills :)

The tank, i have this scrap from when i re-meshed my gates. Two pieces slighly non matched, produce a textured gradient that the paint will enhance.

Thinking red on the inside, iron or rusted iron on the outside.

Like the mess idea ! I had an idea to do the same thing to use as a accent on my tank but decided no to use it . It would also work good just as a stencil pattern on parts . If you spry paint over it then remove it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool tank idea.
Can't wait to see it installed.

Yeah, I'm with G on the tires....fat! Which ones were those again? And your tank mod should blend in well....how will you mount it?

Looks cool can't beat black & blue . Them tires are fat [emoji88]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks G, yes, those tires picked themselves. He brought them out from the back, and they were a match.
Cool tank idea.
Can't wait to see it installed.
Thanks KingFish. Me too, got blocked on sunday and yesterday to finish it up.

Maybe tonight. Now the 4th celebrations are over..
Yeah, I'm with G on the tires....fat! Which ones were those again? And your tank mod should blend in well....how will you mount it?
Thanks OJ, those are the 2.4x26 small block 8s.

For straps, I have some rusty sheet metal i was going cut into strips, and then to round out to fit the bar. 3 or 4 straps should be enuff to bolt it to the bike...

Agreed, that last pic is sweet! That bike is a real heavy hitter. Can't remember what the chain guard looks like :39: ? But, have no doubt, it will only enhance your already solid build!

Agreed, that last pic is sweet! That bike is a real heavy hitter. Can't remember what the chain guard looks like :39: ? But, have no doubt, it will only enhance your already solid build!
I have two guards, the teal one, which fits the frame, but is a little bright for what i want....
And the black and blue one, that i think i want to use, but it needs a conversion from the girls frame mount it has, to fit the mens frame.

The teal tank seems to have slightly sexier curves.

Latest posts

Back