1939 Schwinn LaSalle...the Mousetrap (with a few more pics added!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Here's a cool LaSalle I picked up recently and decked out with some Rustified accessories.

image.jpg

To the best of my knowledge, the bike was essentially Original...minus tires and grips (I've got the Torrington 8's and a very cool long spring saddle that came on it, they need attention..)
It also has an extremely cool kickstand that someone added on way back when. The thing was nearly rusted to the bike! I tore the whole bike down and gave it a mild soap and water bath, greased it, and added some mismatched vintage tires I've had laying around. Some rideable pedals, a seat that is holding down the spot until I can get the OG redone...
Additions ( just enough to call it a build...), a not correct hockey stick guard that is a great patina match none the less, a cool old rack that also matches the bike in some perfect way...better than correct really ;)
And some of my own custom touches...this perforated steel tank.
image.jpg

All hand built Brody Knob..

image.jpg

There's a really cool rear reflector with no glass anymore that's rusted to the fender.
I found these great old rusty tin cans out in the woods with the awesome Kat logo, they made a great accent on the tank, and I popped another in the reflector.

image.jpg

And of course, a metal Mousetrap!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 176

Latest posts

Back