Felt grips?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What have folks done to change the grips on the 3 speed felts? I would like to fit some nicer grips on my new bike when it comes and I don't care much for the standard grips, I have seen grips that allow for twist grips on ebay but want something nice not tacky! Any ideas?

Funnily enough those are the exact grips I have been looking at, or brooks grips, but I will get bike first and see what they are like in the flesh before making a decision as I haven't even seen a felt bike for real yet so I am hoping its great out the box when my bike gets delivered.

If your interested in a full grip shifter, Felt had some on their early models that I like better than their split shifter. I can't find a picture of it right now, but if your interested in something where the whole right grip twists like a throttle grip let me know and I'll post a pic.

Got my new bike today, and they are better than expected, but lack of funds has put any buying on hold for now, I find the handlebars to low so new bars will be the first buy then work from there!

Check out the show me your bike section, felt bikes and I have posted pics of my new 2015 red baron.

Hi... I'm not a Felt guy, but I've got some experience with gripshifters, and it was always my preference to run them with full-length grips, if the handlebar has enough room for it....and that seems to be the case with your current bars....(not sure what you're upgrading to)... but yeah, my hands always felt cramped on the shorter grips, and i didn't like to rest my hand on the shifter, b/c I didn't want to shift inadvertently while braking (my gripshifter experience was almost always on a mtb.... or post-repair/tune-up test rides back in my shop days...)

HTH

I somehow missed this question. There are a number of companies that use Shimano three speeds and their own grips which gives you many choices. You can also use the grip of your choice. I like using aluminum grips and cutting them down for size. You can also mount the shifter using an accessory mount and use full sized grips. These photos are just for you, bro.
3e0e816f57434e1042b4de9258752b00.jpg
014a92f7eb62b8174909e5bcd654d21a.jpg
d8138100456dd533c7700ca2e4b23afa.jpg
feeaf49ce3a04cd8bd14c2f82cea7d18.jpg
a3acb0533b496c0b1b75939b1d61f2a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on the full length grips if you have enough unused handlebar ( which I don't have ). Like what Gig shows, I used Thompson Coke Bottle Grips . Cut one short to make room for a twist throttle. Had to bevel the cut end though, to taper the OD .

Latest posts

Back