Wethersfield 3rd Annual Bike Show and Swap Meet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bicycle_Show-_2016.jpg

For this year, we’ve coordinated with several community bicycle/cycling groups who will be participating. We hope that this year will be the biggest yet. Please help us spread the word with the attached flier through your network, friends, and social media.

The event is still rain or shine and we have both a gym if the weather doesn’t cooperate.

We also have a road race on that day on the other end of the same town green, so potentially even more foot traffic, and overflow parking will be next to the DMV one street over.

We have Velocars/Velomobiles (bicycle powered cars) scheduled to show.

We have a Carnival-Like Sideshow Display of Weird and Interesting Bicycle Parts (Feel free to bring anything you might like to donate to the “traveling museum”. Weird functional, or interestingly broken parts are welcome. ) We have a broken frame, a death fork, and bent handlebars.

We again have the sad bike game where kids can earn their “mechanics moustache” by finding ten things wrong with the “sad bike”.

But it’s going to be even better if we have you there, either as a seller ($25/spot goes to WHS Bicycle Club), or as a participant ($Free).

Remember we get many riders and families, so bring those regular riders of all sizes as well as your more special bikes and parts. For some this is their first Bicycle Show, and as far as I know it is still the only one in the State for all kinds and vintages of bikes to get together.

It's also a great place to hang out and talk to other enthusiasts and network.

Reservations are not required but it would be GREATLY appreciated if you let us know if you plan to attend for planning purposes. (If you say you're coming but something happens, no hard feelings or money lost.)

Attached are the flier, and the maps about where to go if you plan on selling.

Thanks again for any support you can give. We’d love to have you there, but even if you just tell your friends it will be greatly appreciated. (If you already RSVP’d, thanks!)

Thanks

Tom Brown, WHS Bicycle Club Advisor

[email protected]

PS- I also do a podcast about all kinds of Bicycles and the people who love them. I really want to get a Rat Rod Segment onto an episode for the Summer. Please let me know if you might want to do an interview at [email protected]. Check out episodes on Podbean, Instagram, and iTunes under Bike Karma.

Been keeping on eye out for this event.
Good time,good people. I will claim my
spot now and fill it with cool rides. See
ya there...Stevil :cool2:

I want to sell bikes, I'll be in CT...Stevil :bandit:

Just saw a post on the CABE that there's a swap in Dudley the same day...

Mike in Dudley is a true Gentleman! I spoke with him and he didn't know ours was on that day. I love going to both (Dudley was my first show/swap ever). He is looking to move his. I really appreciate that, and can't say enough about how much his swaps have done for encouraging the hobby. I have had some great times there, and we are in no way competing with his. I wanted to have at least one in CT, since the Musclebike Museum one shut down in 2007 we haven't had an all bicycle show (couple nice BMX ones in NW CT) til ours that I know of. This is our third and we plan on always doing it on the first or second weekend in June. Please go to both. I plan to.

PS what is CABE?

Met with Mike today and he did indeed postpone his Dudley swap to avoid any conflict with this one. I'll see ya'll on the 5th and again at Dudley some time in July.

Very cool, I was going to go to Dudley ( would be my 4th year) but since Mike canceled I'll get to go to both who hoo!!!!!see you there

Last edited:
Good show,Tom. Enjoyed my spot and riding around amazing people.
JH thanks to you for allowing us all to ride
you're classic oldies. Great seeing friends
:D...Stevil

Steve had some cool stuff for sale
8a16b85563ea773ef91f90353378bbff.jpg
and there were some awesome antiques inside
ad1d7ff59e6c0e375661f41f442f0018.jpg
d9f97b119bdde23ce18c55d990f3882d.jpg
front suspension
58d2926ad16f57eb3ae4e6db60f3c8ca.jpg
check out that chain
d850e2f2966493125defeceadb87dd0c.jpg
d9e9ed6a1c12b8cd5bf7e8d8c279df8e.jpg
7ab7ae8353481bd89075196cab35c410.jpg
big spokes!
86cff45e090ef0938c958a5b928cc417.jpg

How was the turnout? Looks like the weather kept the numbers down? I planned to go but decided it best not to haul anything I cared about 1 3/4 hours each way in the rain. Was looking forward to seeing y'all too...

I was one of four setups outside. The gym was packed . Rain came and went ,held off until the drive home o_O...Stevil

It really poured in Somers....I just stayed home and caught up with chores (and naps). Been buying lots of Hot Rod parts lately so bike budget is kind of low anyways.....I would have just drooled on your parts and looked pathetic (wait, I look that way anyways).

Bart

Latest posts

Back