Schwinn Drop Out - Finished, just need to take some pics.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait for the paint.
That Sulky looks "slick"

Can't wait for the paint.
That Sulky looks "slick"
I was just thinking that -with a $40 tire grooving tool and a deft touch- I might be able to convert a Jerald slick into a pie crust sidewall. I bought an extra tire, but do I dare?

EDIT: By my calculations, if I put a 1/4" wide divot in the outer edge of the sidewall with the center-lines spaced 3/4" apart, that means 224 divots to cut to do both sides.

Last edited:
I was just thinking that -with a $40 tire grooving tool and a deft touch- I might be able to convert a Jerald slick into a pie crust sidewall. I bought an extra tire, but do I dare?

EDIT: By my calculations, if I put a 1/4" wide divot in the outer edge of the sidewall with the center-lines spaced 3/4" apart, that means 224 divots to cut to do both sides.
I would love to see it but would recommend some practice on an old tire first!

Luke.

I took my frame, a pair of bare drop outs, some steel rod/tube and a plan, and I hauled it over to Trashman Re-Cycles. I did the cutting,
400efc25fb968e10a9fb3d96cf6c4da4.jpg

And Lee McNeese did the welding.
a306050785ceec5c45448d128dd1c922.jpg

First look at the stance:
17be0b9bbc0f449df7cf58b1c8eca574.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Stylish stretch and lowering.

Those bars on there aren't too shabby looking..+they look comfy....perfect bike for clip-ons tho that will look sick I bet.

Those bars on there aren't too shabby looking..+they look comfy....perfect bike for clip-ons tho that will look sick I bet.
If the clip-ons don't work, I have another wild option on the way, and it's something that I haven't EVER seen anybody incorporate into a bicycle before.

I can't remember who it was that actually built that Triumph off the top of my head, but I remember that Roth traded for it, to put it on the back of Megacycle/Captain Pepi's.

Looking good. I really like the stretched frame!

In this photo, the concrete just above the water makes a perfect line through the frame at the the point where it makes an imaginary tank. The smallish size fits the style chopper that your going for also (in my opinion).
3a49be725157013de1c834ae39a8fa4e.jpg

Looking good. I really like the stretched frame!

In this photo, the concrete just above the water makes a perfect line through the frame at the the point where it makes an imaginary tank. The smallish size fits the style chopper that your going for also (in my opinion).
3a49be725157013de1c834ae39a8fa4e.jpg
You got me thinking. Perhaps a Convertible tank or a flipped ladies tank would be the ticket...

those bars are nice......But Z bars would be the Cats Meow..!!:cool2::cool2:

Latest posts

Back