ghetto coppertone rattle can job?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys

saw something in a thread but cant seem to find it (and searching coppertone is just confusing). Wondering if anyone remembers seeing someone using a gold base and the orange anodized paint rattle cans for a coppertone color? going to give it a shot on my own but was trying to find the photo that was posted.

thanks dudes!

hi guys

saw something in a thread but cant seem to find it (and searching coppertone is just confusing). Wondering if anyone remembers seeing someone using a gold base and the orange anodized paint rattle cans for a coppertone color? going to give it a shot on my own but was trying to find the photo that was posted.

thanks dudes!
Sounds interesting....and in my budget!

this one is metalic gold with metalcast orange over it
DSC05080.jpg

onehoursepower, is that yours? would you say its close to coppertone in person?
Like this ?
6ea7c01083973dcea19e897d5e6fd290.jpg

yes . with less orange coats .. the thing is , candycollor in a can is tricky to spray even , thats why i had to do so many coats the change in collor would not be noticable

.. it was mine :( its deep orange and glow golden in the sun:cool: you can see on the down tube

look at duplicolor perfect match 'auto paint' pretty sure they sell that exact metalic paint collor all in one can

Last edited:
de1a9585062b5413d51c474815b8b25c.jpg
This is Tamiya clear orange over Krylon copper metallic

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

.... some of these are really good. finally got my 26" frame down to metal, going to try this out this weekend. that tamiya orange over copper base is pretty .... close, aye?

Latest posts

Back