ISO 1950's 24" Schwinn front wheel/wheelset

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have, or know where I can get a hold of, a 24" Schwinn front wheel or complete wheel set from somewhere between 1954 and 1958? I have a '56 Schwinn Racer in that size which I am hoping to get back on the road in the coming weeks, and could use some help locating these, as well as a clean set of (small) handlebars and stem. Thanks for any help.

00l0l_7cwz7Ma3Q7G_600x450_zpsg7jn0dzw.jpg

Mark: I'm not certain. First time I've messed with a 24" frame. I had planned to check this weekend, and unfortunately didn't get the chance. It may be in my best interest (for sanity's sake) to find a more modern 24" wheel that will fit - that's definitely crossed my mind. A.S.BOLTNUT - is that the size Schwinn wheel Mark is referring to?

Seems like tires are a constant headache with older Schwinns. The last set I had to hunt for was a pair of 27" x 1-1/4" white walls. That was fun. :headbang:

Seems as though none other than the late Sheldon Brown's Harris Cyclery has them in both "Gumwall" and "Blackwall": the ISO size for the 24" x 1-3/8" S5 is "547," so these should work, right? "...should work..."

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/harris/tires/547.html

Latest posts

Back