Springer forks opinions.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favorite forks I have never had one but have wanted to put one on a bike some day if I do I would use one of these . Made in the USA a little more $ but better built & better looking . eBay
6ee4d76ddbbe98bfd39cf0b997f58524.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to have another option, thanks! I do like buying american made stuff! The cheaper ones are quite a bit better lookin IMHO, much smoother and a more thought out design.

I agree with Matt, I'd rather spend the extra money on the American fork. Its probably built better, with better welds.
I'd feel better riding a bike with it than a China clone, I'm not the best looking guy but the extra $40 is worth it to not end up face planting the street.

Of course I could be wrong and both forks might be junk.

I Bet the chrome & the craftsmanship is much better also .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After thinking about it Dave, is this for a men's frame or womans? I have both and I have a monark springer, could slap them together so you get a feel of what it might look like.

Last edited:
That Cuda fork is a stronger forged/brazed crown and has nylon bushed joints with stainless cap screws. That Monark II isn't bushed, and only got made because their first go-around had shoddy welds on their double plate crown that snapped. I'd take the Cuda any day of the week.

Time for some more research,
After thinking about it Dave, is this for a men's frame or womans? I have both and I have a monark springer, could slap them together so you get a feel of what it might look like.
If it aint too much bother, heck yes! Throw them together and lets see what we got here. This is just going to be for slow rides with the lady friend on sidewalks and such.

Sunlite also makes one that has good reviews on Amazon.

Sweet, thanks guys, this place is truly great. Enough info and good folks around here to make 3 more sites. :D I think I know how crack addicts feel since i started clowin with these old bikes.

Sunlite also makes one that has good reviews on Amazon.
I forgot about that one, there's a thread somewhere here about two of the different forks. I remember one of them is a little wider accept a wider wheel/tire.

Sweet, thanks guys, this place is truly great. Enough info and good folks around here to make 3 more sites. :D I think I know how crack addicts feel since i started clowin with these old bikes.
It was a spaceliner that got me into old bikes too, ill post a pic.

Nice and clean lookin man, they sure do make ya want more old bikes :D Im gonna rock mine fender and rackless, prolly with a mountain bike bar setup....if mine was that clean I wouldnt, but it was a real heap. lol.

Clear plastic and 2X2's, good fan....thats my plan, make me a lil mini paint booth. I was gonna go powder coated, but bahhh, I hate paying others to do what i can accomplish.

After looking at all three forks, I think the Cuda is by far and away the best looking?! It is designed here and made in Taiwain, which isn't the place its reputation leads one to believe anymore. The Monark certainly isn't ugly and comes in a distant second in looks imho, the sunlight is not the look im after, but I could see it on something that had a more "all stock" look..and is prolly a nice fork. I saw nothing about the crown being forged on the monarch site, or the Cuda site, but i did notice Monarch used brass bushings opposed to the obviously nylon ones in the cheaper Cuda. Bushings are dirt cheap though and easy to change... I sure would like to have a Cuda and a Monarch in each hand to examine. I wonder what each ones return policy is :p The chrome quality is of no matter, black and red is what this bike is gonna be all about. :rockout:

http://www.sears.com/cuda-26inch-do...-SPM8245450427?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back