No Man's Land: Schwinn Varsity

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking build, gowjobs. I'm looking for a quill-style (sry, should have mentioned that!) stem in 21.1mm size. Just curious if they were out there, and if anyone had experienced any luck with a certain brand or type. I don't anticipate changing out much over time, and may just keep the original (once it's repainted) or pick up a Sunlite model (if I want the look of chrome).

I know it has been a while since this build thread's been updated (actually ended up losing the photos from the last days of putting it together), but I've finally been riding here-and-there the last couple weeks. Running free-wheel, 43mm deep-V's, o/e saddle and seat post w/ Sunlite quick release and new stem. Bars are take-offs from a '56 24" Racer (in great cond. for just turning 60!); Weld No. 80 fenders over the wheels, Coke bottle grips, custom fabricated headlight bracket, and Big Beam 6v headlamp (to be wired up in the coming weeks).

Considering more "traditional" 27" wheels and a fuller-yet-still-docked fender and rack set-up for the rear down the road. Of course, it won't be complete until I can afford a proper saddle (still up in the air). Thoughts so far? Open to all constructive criticism.

12593651_949885781726116_7610732598377491844_o.jpg

Thanks. Freewheel with no rears, yes. Have plans for a taillight (and possible rear rack).

Latest posts

Back