24 X 3" rims and tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been seeing wide 24 X 3 rims and tires on some of these builds, but I can't seem to find them. Any help on a source to buy these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Oops! Sorry mods, I thought I was in the BIKE TALK forum.

my 24X3 tire I got off ebay and it fits right on my standard 24" wheel. Felt sells online now. As does Electra. Niagara Bike .com might have some. Also; Google is your friend. use it. :wink:

thatismytruck said:
my 24X3 tire I got off ebay and it fits right on my standard 24" wheel. Felt sells online now. As does Electra. Niagara Bike .com might have some. Also; Google is your friend. use it. :wink:

Thanks for the info. I'll try those sites. I have actually googled it extensively, but all I seem to finding is tires. The rims are really what I need. I actually found this site by searching for them. :wink:

bicycledesigner .com is another site. I've not been in awhile. Can't recall if they have 24" stuff. It will be inexpensive. And you get what you pay for, but I've been satisfied. Not ecstatic, satisfied.

I'm still struggling to find the exact wheel I'm looking for. I found the pic below, and those are the ones I'm hunting. Thanks again.

DSCN2078.jpg

Those are Felt Thick Bricks tires for sure, possibly on one their their fat rims although it may be an after market rim.

Bumping it.. I want to put a 24x3 thick brick on the back of a English built cantilever 3 speed. Original wheels were the 26 x 1 3/8th. Clearance should be fine, if not, I have the technology, aka a 2x4.

My question is this... how skinny of a rim can you seat a thick brick onto?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Felt wheels (24") are not 80mm. They are 56mm. You can fit them in most everything but a true 80mm wheel takes some cutting and welding to fit a standard frame.

Latest posts

Back