How did you come up with your AVATAR ? And Screen Name ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still have too be some Members out ther who haven't chimed in ,
Come on tell us your story ??

~Rafael~

My avatar is just a random cartoon I found humor in.

My screen name on the other hand I picked up as little kid. I use to stumble when I walked, no apparent reason, I just stumbled.
My dad was a well read hippie, (odd I know). Anyway he somehow made a connection of my stumbling to Falstaff the drunk, the Shakespearean character. And thus the nickname.

No one had called me that since I was about 6 or 7, most people these days call me by my last name or by the acronym HOBO.
When I became a member of RRB, Falstaff was the first thing that got in my head when I went to type my user name.

My avatar is a pic I took of an old Schwinn Spitfire project I'm messing with off and on. It's sitting in the basement and the sun was rising and came in and lit it kinda cool. I've gone by "Horsefarmer" since the early days of hotmail.com - And ya we have horses!
468c3cea-68e6-441b-894f-84c81b9ff63c_zpsy3eq96vw.jpg

Lol which one is up there today? The dayglo is me... to coincide with my Cycledelic build going on.... I try to keep them connected somehow to whatever I'm building.

Carl.

Pic is just a crusty stingray I picked up last year. Screen name is the only thing I could come up with when the site was launched back in '06, I was 14. Was building some rat rods and posting on the old Schwinn forums (miss those days)...

"Avatarless": I used this image of me and Mrs. Patton herself in August, 1979, at 21 yrs old, standing in one section of her Ft. Worth, Texas Pattons Schwinn Shop "parts" yard with long hair and geekball tight shorts. You only see about 1/5th of the yard. I discovered her shop while working for International Harvester out of Dallas. It was deeply stacked with frames and wheels, and the back of the store and the outside sheds were crammed with chests and boxes of old parts that she let me dig through every weekend. I barely dented it. While going through the yard there, a giant RAT suggested I start building bikes.
The Silver King is a long-ago-closed mine here in Utah that the Hearst family controlled, and which also financed the construction of the Hearst Castle in central cal.

Last edited:
Mine is just a mad hornet because I am into AMC SC/360 Hornets. A one year only car, built in 71. Came from the factory with a 2 or 4 bbl 360, ram air and a 3 spd auto or 4 spd manual trans. I've owned 5 of them over the years, still amazes me since they only built 784 examples. I still own one that needs a restoration, a Brilliant Green, 360, 4bbl and T-10 manual trans.

_sc360_ds1_zps453f4230.jpg

Mine is just a mad hornet because I am into AMC SC/360 Hornets. A one year only car, built in 71. Came from the factory with a 2 or 4 bbl 360, ram air and a 3 spd auto or 4 spd manual trans. I've owned 5 of them over the years, still amazes me since they only built 784 examples. I still own one that needs a restoration, a Brilliant Green, 360, 4bbl and T-10 manual trans.

_sc360_ds1_zps453f4230.jpg
Where/How on earth did you find 5 of these?
To find one would be an unbelievable thing, five... that's amazing.

I found my first in 1980 and have tracked and documented them since. The other 4 "fell into my lap" through the research that I was doing on them. Back in the 80's they were cheap... very cheap. My first was only $400. The one I own now was $2500 (as seen in the above picture), purchased about 10 years ago. They are not cheap anymore...

Senior Chief Petty Officer, U.S. Navy.
I really need to know the story behind the photo of that girl in your avatar. Is she happy? scared? Possessed? Is it your daughter? Niece? sister?

Inquiring minds, at least mine, want to know. :)

I really need to know the story behind the photo of that girl in your avatar. Is she happy? scared? Possessed? Is it your daughter? Niece? sister?

Inquiring minds, at least mine, want to know. :)
You are not the first to ask! :21: Page 9 post 180:

My wife is a family photographer She takes my kids out all the time for little photo shoots. The boys put up with it, but my daughter loves it. This picture is from a shoot where she was told to ham it up and have fun. I just loved the photo. It's not surprise, but just a goofy face.
My kids are why I got back into bikes, so I figured it was fitting.

Luke.

Latest posts

Back