Rust oleum

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Don't waist your money on this junk the fantasy new spray nozzle suck it makes a mess waists, paint and sprays like crap I've tried it twice and both times the same crappy out come
413bae7f8987328c5d1b4b1872f426c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't waist your money on this junk the fantasy new spray nozzle suck it makes a mess waists, paint and sprays like crap I've tried it twice and both times the same crappy out come
413bae7f8987328c5d1b4b1872f426c2.jpg

I have had this problem but I take them back and get another can from Menards. I find because there is primer in it you have to really shake it and continue to shake it. I find Rust-oleum to be not very good since about 2005. It's now very soft and doesn't dry well. I have been switching to other spray bombs and then clear coating with 2 part spray bomb. To clear with the 2 part spray bomb I use a respirator, tyvek spray suit, rubber swampers, safety goggles and 2 pair of nitrile gloves. I don't paint in my shop, which is attached to the house. I wait for a calm day and make a jury-rigged paint booth out of cardboard boxes, old plywood and vinyl tarps. No matter how calm it is a few bugs get in it but it works well and the finished paint is super hard. One can coated a full fendered/chain guard girls bike and frame and a tandem frame. It doesn't keep once you have activated the paint with the hardener so have 2 projects ready. You really have to shake this stuff up and continue to shake it once you start but if mixed will it goes on slick with a better spray pattern than regular spray bombs.

Bummer. I have been sceptical of those since first seeing them, glad I didn't find out the messy headache way.
I like krylon much better . I had paint all over my hands & drips all over your parts . [emoji107][emoji107]

Same experience. Nozzle is crap, it's ruined a few things with squirts. Good luck if you ever try to use it a second time. I always turn my cans and blow all paint out till its air, these suck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Krylon makes a paint & primer in one and it works good . I got it at the auto parts store .

I think this is a universal dislike for these cans. If they don't clog, they drip. If they don't drip, the trigger breaks.
Its just bad engineering.

Latest posts

Back