Quoting Yourself: Stuff you said while building a bike.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was I think'n......
I just need two bolts ....And ALL the stores are Closed...
WOW.... it worked !
That part I left at the swap meet ....IS the ONE I need Right now.
WHY am I doing this...

I'm gonna sit this one out, due to the #1 RRB Forum rule:

1. Watch your language...we're running a clean site here. Skip the creative spelling of bad language..i.e. using dashes, dollar signs, etc to try to get around the forum's word censor. If it is seen, it will be deleted from your post and you will be warned.
:grin:

I guess I need to rephrase what I said earlier that must have offended someone named "________". I checked the member's list and could not find a "________" registered here, but my apologies do go out to ________ for my offensive remark that I try to keep my bikes from looking like ________'s bikes. ________ if you will PM me I will apologize in a more personal manner, but as I said before I could not find the name "________" to instigate a personal conversation to show my remorse in a more private manner--maybe I misspelled it? Anyway, I very randomly chose the name ________ so as to not offend any individual, race, creed or subgroup of society and had no idea that ________ would actually see my remarks--Who knew! _________, if you're ever in the Nashville area, look me up and we can go get some wings and beer and I'm sure we'll actually find out that we really aren't that different in this modern world after all! In the meantime, ________, post some of your work here--it would be very ironic if I was actually inspired by your work after all of this!
Having said all that, I guess I should politically correctify the same sentiment, so as to not offend ________ again. This isn't technically a "quote" but the gist is as follows:

"The direction I have taken with this build could be considered to reflect a sub par standard than what I have set for myself and is not achieving the standards I usually strive for, and my work could be construed as being done by a person who's tastes and skills may not represent the direction that I had hoped to achieve with my efforts or my personal skills that I take great pride in, so I will undo my previous steps so as to not have casual observers believe that the work I have performed was in fact performed by a nameless faceless builder and/or builders who's work may not normally be associated with the end result I was trying to achieve."
I wonder if the thread you based this on is still going or if it has been closed. Don't feel too bad, dude. We are all entitled to our opinions.

- by Gigmata

It was this thread, but it was deleted by a moderator. I simply was saying sometimes I don't do work that is up to my own standards and it looks like "________" did it. Someone must have assumed I was referring to them and filled in the blank for themselves.......I wasn't being specific when I said it. I say it all the time at work referring to some competitor's quality of work that I try to rise above. I guess I just touched a nerve with someone, but it was intended as a general statement. I used _______ because the name may change depending on the situation. Sorry to whoever may have thought "_______" referred to them specifically.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
I believe that was me, I did assume a reference to a certain member that I know you don't particularly like their style of building...
I was a bit hasty hiding that post, my apologies, it is back up now. :oops:

Luke.

Latest posts

Back