Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen this setup before....but I think he's off on the dating.

https://albany.craigslist.org/bik/5220308798.html

1946 Gobby Side by Side Bicycles - $400 (Malta)
00e0e_14zsPlZ1tKP_600x450.jpg

condition: excellent
make / manufacturer: 1946 Gobby Bob Cat
model name / number: Model #2011

1946 Gobby "Bob Cat"
Side by Side Bicycles
Model # 2011
Gobby Mfg Inc. of Glendale, AZ

3 Speed, Matching His and Her Set
Comes apart to become Single Bicycles
Lights, Bell, Battery Operator Reflectors, Speedometer
Original 1946 Basket
New Chain, Pedals, Seats.

Must be picked up.

Last edited:
https://albany.craigslist.org/bik/5225422768.html

MBBO Material...Not too bad a price for a complete original bike...maybe.
00K0K_w1v2kHAE5x_600x450.jpg

This is a 1970's Ross Apollo 5 speed muscle bike in black, with yellow highlights. This has the lever shifter mounted to the stem, so it's a 'later' bike. This bike is all original except for the kickstand has been replaced. The tires hold air, there are no missing or bent spokes, rims are nice and clean. Brakes work, and all 5 speeds work fine. This has Shimano components, and the Eagle II rear derailleur. This bike has been hanging in my garage for 20 years....has some bumps and bruises, but no cracked welds, or other repairs. The seat has a few small tears as shown in the photos. Please look over the photos carefully, as i am not trying to hide anything.... This bike replaced a Raleigh Chopper I had when i was a teenager back in the 70's... Some of these bikes are going for big bucks when restored, this one has not been restored....and it is a 5-speed, not a 'Racer' single speed or '3-speed'..... Come take a look and be instantly transported back to when 'style' was important in bike design!!!

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out where the tank is that I'm not seeing. and the springer.....or is it a springer tank and that's why we can't see it?
I took another look and I saw springs under the saddle,so there's the springer. I think the tank is reference to the fact that old bikes are heavy.

Latest posts

Back