Fall Photography Contest. Who's In??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I know there are a lot of photography buffs around here. I propose a "best fall photo" contest. Say during the month of October we have to take the photo and in the 1st week of November we post our final photo or 2 in a new thread. Let the members vote. To keep it fair to all levels let's say Photoshop and other editing programs are out. Just the natural photo as it comes off the camera.

What do you think people? Discuss.

This is a great idea! But I have a question...I understand Photoshop and really not altering your photos being out ..but what about just simple editing like cropping or exposure issues? I mean I almost always crop and sometimes have to lighten or darken a photo. Is that acceptable or not? Either way I'm in but just want to know.

This is a great idea! But I have a question...I understand Photoshop and really not altering your photos being out ..but what about just simple editing like cropping or exposure issues? I mean I almost always crop and sometimes have to lighten or darken a photo. Is that acceptable or not? Either way I'm in but just want to know.
I don't really know. I was just thinking that photo composting should be the idea as opposed to Photoshop skills. But since there is no real prize at stake...whatever. it's all cool.

I don't really know. I was just thinking that photo composting should be the idea as opposed to Photoshop skills. But since there is no real prize at stake...whatever. it's all cool.
:bigboss:Okay so cropping and lightening or darkening is okay but no special effects like photoshopping flames, lightning bolts or ninjas into the photo. Agreed?:cool2:

:bigboss:Okay so cropping and lightening or darkening is okay but no special effects like photoshopping flames, lightning bolts or ninjas into the photo. Agreed?:cool2:
I think the bike should be as is. No doubt, there are a lot of people that add effects one kind or another around the bike. Then again, if the lighting needs to be adjusted that should be allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I did not live in Fla. I would be in.
But here fall looks like winter which looks like spring which looks like summer.

If I did not live in Fla. I would be in.
But here fall looks like winter which looks like spring which looks like summer.
Doesn't matter. Go for it. I was wanting to go out and take some photos this fall but who knows where I will wind up or what the pics will be of.

I personally don't care if the pics have a bike or not. It's all just for fun anyway.

okay here's a thought...I don't think that this has to be about bikes. I mean there are thousands of pics on here of bikes already. What I propose is that we just submit a picture of something that we think is cool. If you look at some of the bike pictures and notice the background there are a number of different themes going on there depending on the persons likes. Some of these include old vintage cars, cool buildings, old gas pumps, bridges railroad tracks you name it. So here's an idea. Why don't we all just take a pic of something that we think would be a cool background for a bike. Because realistically its kind of hard for some of us to lug bikes around all the places we might like to get pictures. What say all? :nod:

Hmmmmm...well I'm in, and the picture can be anything. Bike or not. right? Right. Ok glad thats settled. When is the deadline for submitting said photo?

OK, I'm ready for rules (so I can break them) & more details. Very cool idea in my opinion.

Since I haven't done a pop quiz in years, and I look forward to seeing some awesome fall photos, I'll chip in a homemade coaster brake arm bottle opener as the prize.

Danimal will be the ultimate arbiter of who I PM to send it to.

;-)

I want to be in this contest but am currently traveling and won't be back untill 7 Nov. I'm pretty far away and expect to be toast for a few days after I return so I'm trying to get a friend to break into my tablet and retrieve my photo and send it out (I'll never travel without my bike photos again...oh, and of course my kids photos) yuck yuck. My question is, I had some help with this photo..not much...OK I had a lot of help (not the kids photos...OK, OK I had help there too). Am I still allowed to use the photo if I had help?

Danimal, is this a go?

:)

Latest posts

Back