Need help design guys

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Can someone help me get a cad drawing of this frame. It's definitely chopped an lowered.

I'm going to try to replicate it.

This is a genuine 50's Schwinn homemade bobber!

Thanks.

d1df8f01379cfbd5fd5c5946cac13041.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a Cad guy., however, several states away.. Should be relatively easy to find a guy close to you. Talk to a cad software dealer in your area. They know everybody. There would also be a users group local as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whizzer came out with the sportsman model in 1950 to somewhat achieve this style but I like the homemade bobber look better.

ff907a3cdb7679227081add3fe0c58d6.jpg

Last edited:
If it's homemade Bobber you're going for, I say just research bobbers and pick the things you like out of the ones you see. use a little imagination,and build away.

If it's homemade Bobber you're going for, I say just research bobbers and pick the things you like out of the ones you see. use a little imagination,and build away.

Right, I've got a vision in mind but I want that frame stance so really I'm just trying to replicate that frame in the picture up top.

I'm not so sure the top tube is bent to straight...with the tank hiding it it could very well be in the original configuration. I agree something up there is bent to allow the rear triangle to tilt upwards.. It might just be close to the seat post.. Head tube angle looks greater than stock, but it might just be the angle of the picture.

Just dig in and make YOUR version of what you want. The guy that built that Whizzer back in the 50's wasn't copying exactly anyone's build, he just dove in and created something in his back yard that you are amazed by 60 years later!
Take a frame and cut it, grind it, add to it, take away from it, tack weld it together, then cut it apart and start over if you miss the mark.
Enjoy the ride, don't waste your time making a map first....forget about CAD drawings and put your heart and soul into creating something with your hands that is trapped in your mind by touching something real and manipulating metal with dirty hands.
That's an experience that will result in someone being amazed by your work 60 years from now!
I have to disagree. Build it completely in photoshop and call it done. No fuss, no mess and in the end you get to look at a cool picture of a bike that you can't ride. Think of it like some of the build off bikes that have been built solely for a photo but can't be ridden, except this way you don't have to leave your computer to get it finished.

I do everything in paint.net, it's a good free program that allows layers. Photos can be converted to line drawings in a few steps... It's not cad but it works well, I believe Luke uses it too. Now you're not going to get a scaled drawing but you can cut and paste ideas...

Carl.

Aren't you 20 years old now? If so, the fact that you have not voted in any state or local elections for the last two years does in fact make you part of that crowd![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Gotcha.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back