Tumblin Down....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:whistle:

Today I was finally able to get started on my build.
I am officially jumping in the ring for my 3rd year in a row...

This is the frame that I am starting off with.
It is the remnants left behind after stripping it to build 3 other rats... Still some life left in it...
So here goes nothin :thumbsup:

5/7/15

5/7/15

Today I had the day off so I got started.... Lots and lots of head scratching as usual... Spent a few hours in the garage playing it out in my head and mock up..

Made lots of sparks ( always a good day when there is sparks :crazy: )

Some more skeletons I'll be using...

Trim a little off the top :confused:

Still got some trimming & clean up to do... Time to set up my makeshift work bench....

( some of the tools are still rusty from the 1945 Elgin Build..... BAM. Winter... BAM. Summer... Not complaining :rockout: )

5/7/15

Feelin it yet ? :39:

( there is more to the back story and my inspiration... Follow along kids :showingbiceps: )

Who can afford the real thing anymore ?.... PLUS. What fun is shelling over tons of cash ? When you can build your own rendition.. Total cash so far. ZERO :)

STAY TUNED ( plus the back story ) :banana:

Now I'm feeling it.
Cycle truck here we come.

I was saying cycletruck. Cool something different in the build.
Psssst you seem to be a few cms short on the top bar.:21:

I was saying cycletruck. Cool something different in the build.
Psssst you seem to be a few cms short on the top bar.:21:

:21: Thanks Funk :)

Yeah , I've got tons of tweaking ahead of me yet..
Should be fun :113:

5/9/15

Quick back story :)

The reason and inspiration for my build.....

Back in the mid 50's my Grandfather opened a small local grocery store here in Chicopee ( a third location of 4 )

Ray's Supermarket on Grattan St. in the Aldenville section of town ( which closed in 1972 )

And the 4th location of 4
Located in the Willimansett section of town ( Formerly the Willow Theater . Which my Grandfather paid to have the theater style sloped floor leveled out. In order to be a supermarket floor )

I have a box of actual artifacts from these 2 locations to further inspire my build. I located the box in the attic of my grandparents house

I always crack up when people see Gumby Rumpus and they say.... " I had a bike just like that when I was a kid ".... ( I think ) " really ? Tube and knob? :confused:

SO. my cycle truck inspired bike will be logo'd up to be a believable rendition , of a barn found , locally historic , Ray's Supermarket , rat rodded by the crazy grandson ..... I want to see if someone actually remembers getting groceries delivered by this bike ( that I built from scraps of junk bikes ) :thumbsup:

Make sense? :crazy:

Cool and funny backstory.
I bet your grandfather would love this.

Small world, My Grandpartents on my Moms side actually lived in Willimansett. Grandad worked at Worthington pump, My Aunts and Uncles all worked at "Fisk" (U.S.Rubber Co.). I lived in South Hadley 1955 to 1963, and we visited many Juliy's after that. I remember going to Rays with my Granddad on many shopping trips.:)

I always crack up when people see Gumby Rumpus and they say.... " I had a bike just like that when I was a kid ".... ( I think ) " really ? Tube and knob? :confused:

SO. my cycle truck inspired bike will be logo'd up to be a believable rendition , of a barn found , locally historic , Ray's Supermarket , rat rodded by the crazy grandson ..... I want to see if someone actually remembers getting groceries delivered by this bike ( that I built from scraps of junk bikes ) :thumbsup:

Make sense? :crazy:
:21: Love it!

Luke.

Junk, you deliver the groceries, and I'll deliver the beer. Soon our cohorts won't even have to leave the confines of their respective shops and garages! Looking forward to your cargo bike!

So good to see that someone finally making a cycle truck out of ladies frames
I cant wait to see how it turns out Grumpy Rumpus was one of my favorite build off bikes
plus you will have a good re-cycle truck when you go dumpster diving for bike project parts

I love my 47 cycle truck kustom, some of you old farts here might remember it. Love the idea of making your own truck, get er done.

:thumbsup:
Thanks everyone !
Been a little hectic and haven't had much tinker time since ....
Hopefully next week I can make up for lost time.... I'm Jonesin to get
back in the garage :113:

Junk, you deliver the groceries, and I'll deliver the beer. Soon our cohorts won't even have to leave the confines of their respective shops and garages! Looking forward to your cargo bike!
Can I place my orders now to get on top of the client list?

Luke.

Latest posts

Back