"Gang Green" (whopper rework)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished the fabrication today and started sanding. last thing to do is drill for nutserts for the shifter and paint can start flying. tempted to just clear coat it..... we shall see!

TUBES!!! Finally found the correct size tubes with presta valves locally. I originally wanted to stretch some smaller tires over these wheels but glad i came across these. Lots of BEEF. Here are the rollers...

And also things are moving fast over at my shop... had a little down time yesterday and was able to start spraying color on the frame and parts. Just waiting for the humidity to go down to spray the clear. Should have a completed bike by next Sunday hopefully.

Shot color over the weekend and let it fully dry before cutting back through it for my distressed paint jobs ive been going for, that lime green sure does pop through the black. Today i wiped it down and sprayed clear over it. Would have taken a few cans to get good thick gloss on it that i could rub out but im ok with how it came out since i dont too much care for shiny things lol. Heres some pics. Still have to clear the fork and bars and i can begin assembly.

Was able to re use the coaster mount from the phat

Bottom bracket in.

Put it into a roller tonight. Man this thing looks sinister with all that black. Bolted on the shifter and a seat from a Felt Monster El Guapo for the matching stitching. Has just the right amount of contrast. Going to cut down the post an inch or two. Cant wait to take this thing out for a spin! Pretty nasty outside so sorry for the bad pic.

Sick looking bike!

Side shot. The flash did something weird and made the picture look vintage... but you can see the pitch I worked into the fork. Working on chain guides so that the chain will miss the lower stays. Ill have more on that as soon as i make a trip to the hardware store.

chain guide/tensioner made. ill post close ups of the bracket later. also had to swap cranks for offset clearance issues but problem solved so far. still waiting on a few parts but almost there. hopefully done by end of the week. heres another side shot for now...

Latest posts

Back