beach cruiser looptail

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In recently acquired this beach cruiser that appears to be a possible early 26" style bmx with a looptail
but i cant find any brands that match the frame style
the frame seems to be very huffy like
I would like to find out if it is something that is desirable
(probably more so to the bmx crowed) before i decide what to do with it
also i don't know how much is original and what isnt
image.jpg2_zpskc956mfe.jpg
image.jpg4_zpsz9qfohzl.jpg
image.jpg1_zps9ja3erg7.jpg

Probably not related to a BMX company. The near vertical dropouts and rim brakes on the front fork are the indicators. BUT this is a very cool frame. Perfect for a clunker/bomber builds.

Is the derailer a Shimano Deore? Araya 7x rims?

well i will check the derailer and rim makers just give me a day or so
im trying not to make to many ideas about what to do with it at least until i know more about it

The components all appear to be those that would have been used by a manufacturer with ties to the BMX industry....mainly SR. There were brands like Jamis that used BMX components, but weren't that much of a player in the BMX bike market in the 80s.

Ok finally got around to checking out the parts
No name on rims but axles where listed as suzue
the name on the derailer was almost worn off so no identifying that
Crank was a cr-mo suguino
and the sprocket was a tioga

As of right now i am leaning more toward selling it to help fund other projects

Sweet frame/fork, what is the serial number and where is it located....something about it screams Emory, but I don't think they made a cantilever looptail....been searching to no avail on this one....

Closet thing to a serial number i could find was on the non crank side of the rear drop out
1056 was the number on it

going off of the looks of it, i would say 1990s. more mountain bike then bmx. those cantilever brakes look early to mid 90s. most likely a mountain bike manufacturer making a hybrid cruiser. notice it was never meant to have fenders, probably because it came with knobby tires.

Latest posts

Back