Hello from Indiana

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, my bike collection is not large, I actually only have one, and I know nothing about it, I picked it up for 20 dollars. If anyone could help me I'd it would be appreciated.

Welcome 1 shot,
That's an interesting middleweight frame with a style that could be the basis for a neat skinny(ier) tire build.
The 3 piece crank says to me that it is likely a European built bike(Czek,Polish, Hungarian, German perhaps) and may offer a bit of a fun challenge in itself to disassemble, especially if threaded.
MBS is possibly a small store brand such as Moms Bike Shop. Maybe pick a bit of paint off badge to reveal more info with fingernail. (Oven cleaner or careful wet sanding can remove paint by layer to reveal original decals,details pinstripes etc if you wish.)
Is it chrome frame or silver base under translucent red?
It's a pretty unique frame (especially for $20) to do what you want with and any help needed along the way is on this site.

Sloppy old repaints are extremely common on 50+ year old bikes.
I would strip it down to bare metal and consider repaint of your choice, inspect, clean and service bearings and pick up a cheap cruiser as a donor. You can net wheelset, seat, bars, chain etc that should be bolt on parts for a simple 1st project.
I don't know how easily 2.125 tires will fit on that frame, but the modern 26'' rims from a donor bike will offer wider tire size options.
You may already have some ideas on what you want out of it, but this is my suggestion to put together a nice low buck, low hassle cruiser project.
Start a build thread and the help and encouragement will follow. Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Well, I'm in the process of putting together a plan, I know the bike was roadworthy in 96, it still has the road tag on the fender. I'm going to take it completely apart and possibly have the frame sandblasted, not sure on a color yet.

Latest posts

Back