76 amf nimble

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was out at garage sales this morning and found this super clean amf nimble. sturmy archer 3-speed. cleaned up real easy. it was a fun rainy day project. got it for $20.00. don't know if I want to keep it or flip it. I can sell these bikes for $60.00- $100.00 here in Omaha.

I agree with Wildcat, it does look barely ridden. If it were mine I would keep it and ride it. Selling it for $60 to $100 is not that much profit really. I don't know about you but I don't get $20 like new bikes on a regular basis. I would love to own that bike and ride it.

My brother had that bike in brown. He never rode it either.
You can always do what the do on Craigslist when someone is trying to sell the dreaded amf moped- drop the name Harley Davidson and raise the price 100

Nice bike, I have it's twin, also in good shape.
I'm always shocked, both by the 60-100 price, and by people saying go for more.. here in NY that's a 45.00 bike and we'd sit on it and beg a buyer to take it home... not complaining, just saying there seems to be a big difference in what will sell (and pricing ) based on geographic locations.
Nice find, good luck on the flip :)

It does seem that in most areas of the country the U.S. made 3 speed and single speed light weight bikes do not bring much and can be difficult to sell. I actually like them. A couple of years ago I purchased a Huffy manufactured early 1980's Coast to Coast Marquis 3 speed from a member on this forum to save it from being parted out. Other than the seat it was a all original bike in very good ++ condition. With shipping cost I paid more than most would consider it to be worth but that does not bother me. I tightened the loose spokes on the front wheel and put a early 1980's large Mesinger seat on it and ride it to this day.

My wife prefers SA 3 speeds to anything else. She hates the noise derailleurs mane when they shift! LOL.

The S-A hub makes it a better bike than most amfs form that era. I thought most of them had the Shimano 333 hub. I prefer an upright 3 speed than a roads bike for city riding. and if it's flat, they are fine for touring too.

I was out at garage sales this morning and found this super clean amf nimble. sturmy archer 3-speed. cleaned up real easy. it was a fun rainy day project. got it for $20.00. don't know if I want to keep it or flip it. I can sell these bikes for $60.00- $100.00 here in Omaha.

It's interesting that you can sell these bikes for that much. I bought one in the same color at the Salvation Army for $20 and stripped it. It also looked barely ridden. You can't give them away here. It had a 3 speed coaster brake on it, which is the only reason I bought it. The wheels will go in a 50s Western Flyer badged English 3 speed frame I have. I gave the frame to Revolutions who will either sell it or have kids work on it. They had another bike fore sale there with the same frame but mine was in better shape so I hope they switch parts and rebuild it.

It's interesting that you can sell these bikes for that much. I bought one in the same color at the Salvation Army for $20 and stripped it. It also looked barely ridden. You can't give them away here. It had a 3 speed coaster brake on it, which is the only reason I bought it. The wheels will go in a 50s Western Flyer badged English 3 speed frame I have. I gave the frame to Revolutions who will either sell it or have kids work on it. They had another bike fore sale there with the same frame but mine was in better shape so I hope they switch parts and rebuild it.
check out the local cl adds here in Omaha. all sorts of overpriced bikes, but they seem to sell them. theres a lot of college aged kids here.

check out the local cl adds here in Omaha. all sorts of overpriced bikes, but they seem to sell them. theres a lot of college aged kids here.
College age kids here at the university want mountain bikes as we have over 100 miles of designated and maintained single track and that is the big draw for them to go to school here. They have trail access right at the dorms. There is hardly any interest in old bikes, seems like a few girls are into them and drag their boyfriends into getting something from the 70s but thats about it.

In the last year or two the prices of NICE three and five speeds have gone way up. Unless they are shot to crap, I don't bother parting them out anymore. Shortly after Nagant bought my Marquis, a 1974 Huffy-built Foremost and a 1976-78 Columbia Tourist V bought $70-$80 each. Last year, a neighbor fell in love with a beautiful 1977 Columbia Tourist V, a turquoise women's model, and that sold for $75 as soon as it was refurbished.

I sold a Huffy Seapointe for $35 after having it for only 24hrs...but I only paid $5 to sell it that quick was good for me.

Vintage 10-speeds also do well here. I have never had a problem selling them, even as parts bikes they have value. I'm shocked I haven't sold a nut off the Schwinn and Murray I just got in. A nice vintage men's 10-speed will bring $70-$100 here all day long, a women's model about $30.

Latest posts

Back