AMF amflite cobra build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I previously posted in the "help me identify" section but now I'm Journaling my build.
first things first.
My bike most likely began its life in the 60's looking like this
note: this is not my bike - I got it off the internet.
when I got the bike it was just a shell of its streamlined self.
someone decided a long time ago that a streamlined gold and silver was for squares wanted the bike to let it's freak flag fly....enter the nanner and apes. Not to mention a couple layes of leftover paint found in the garage.
Along comes James who rescued it from a barn somewhere and who eventually sold it to me.
Immediately I commenced in stripping her naked. Whatever value is had was taken away a long time ago so I decided to give this old girl a facelift.

now then, let's make her green. I always seem to paint them green.

it's my favorite color and I just happened to have a can.
Yes. I rattle canned her. I'm getting pretty good at it

More on this later. Im hoping to re cover the nanner and re build the wheels. Stay tuned

Sorry for all the spelling and grammatical errors but me no talk so good.
Here is the look I'm going for
obviously it won't be exactly like that but that is what inspired this build

Well crud, I looks like a chineese 2 stroke may not fit in the frame.
I have other options, but they are much more 'spensive and not as elegant...but the trade off is that it won't fall apart and kill you while you are going 25mph. But what's the fun in that?

Good news, it does fit - and then some!
I also chopped the seat post a little. This frame looks perfect for a china girl kit

I'm gonna use this wheel with the big 'ol spokes.
It's a Kin lin wheel. And yes I will remove the baby blue paint

I made a few changes. I changed the fork to an mtb suspension fork to ease up the bumps and added a rack and some saddle bags I got from etsy and use on all my bikes. I've heard nightmares about these kits but so far it's been great (knock wood)

I made a few changes. I changed the fork to an mtb suspension fork to ease up the bumps and added a rack and some saddle bags I got from etsy and use on all my bikes. I've heard nightmares about these kits but so far it's been great (knock wood)
Sweet build. Ive noticed the frame attachment bolts are subpar on mostly all chineese 49cc engines. I have found it easier to just pull them and replace them with a stronger alloy bolt.

I carry a tool bag on most of my builds, just in case. they have extra parts for just about everything on the bike.

73ab25ab691bbd207ca3b70ec6311e59.jpg

Latest posts

Back