Hawthorne bike info? (CLEANED UP !)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Anyone have any info on hawthorne bikes? I think they were sold at Monkey Wards back in the day. I picked up a beater off CL, it has the reflectors on the forks and the head tube so probably a 71??? Has the cool chain guard!! I'll get picks up in a day or two. Thanks

I know a little! I have a couple of 1969's, a Formula V and a Mustang. The Mustang has Top Drag handlebars and a 48" sissy bar.

A lot of thier bikes were made by Rollfast, so I would bet if it has a cool chainguard, it is probably Rollfast made.

Holy crap I think that's my friend's bike!

Vbz6Yx.jpg

Yup, that bugger is Rollfast made. That is most likely a Smoothie? I have some Rollfast literature at home and will try and hunt up some info tonight.

They had a killer chainguard didn't they? The frame design is great too. That is similar to the Top Drag, only shorter.

And you can't beat a good set of XKE 990 tires!

Nice find!

Ya ... LOL.. I got it mostly for the tires, but I do know the guard is kind of a hard one to find next to the huffy flaming stack guard this is my favorite!

32.00 ? WOW ... you have good friends ( and good flea markets ).
Love those frames, and what I call the 'fish' guard.... have a painted one on a regular skoot type frame, not sure if it was a smoothie or what, been spray bombed,etc...

Hawthornes are coming out of hiding ha!

I dug out the American Bicyclist magazines I have from 1971-72, let me see if I can find some pictures of the same bike in Rollfast style.

And it is called a Pacer haha! Just like the car ha!

Cool Ad Rob... I should get my bike tomorrow from my friend and he said the bike is called the Race Ace ha! Do you have an ad for my bike? Its probably a little older 69 or 70?....

Latest posts

Back